TV Car Shows - Page 2
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Car Shows

Images
    I love Bitchin Rides because they actually show you how they did something, rather than say 'this' will be done then the next shot it is done...

Fueled by Jim and Luckies.
    Still doing all the shit I used to ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    I had a customer of mine tell me the other month that Ed China has been voted the second best mechanic in the world,and trust me ,he actually believed this to be true,so much is his love of daytime TV.Should this actually be the case (and i really dont think it is folks),then who ,pray,is at number one.My money is on knowledgable cockney slap head and all round ****er,Bernie Fineman.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford ca freak View Post
    I had a customer of mine tell me the other month that Ed China has been voted the second best mechanic in the world,and trust me ,he actually believed this to be true,so much is his love of daytime TV.Should this actually be the case (and i really dont think it is folks),then who ,pray,is at number one.My money is on knowledgable cockney slap head and all round ****er,Bernie Fineman.
    If he had been voted "The Worlds Cleanest Mechanic" I would have believed it.
    It's only funny till someone gets hurt..........then it's friggin' hilarious

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Overhaulin' seems to consist mainly of shrinking bumpers so that they fit closer to the car . . . . . . every episode . . .

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie scribekarl's Avatar
    Images
    Gonna give YouTube a blast then. Wheeler Dealers is cool, mostly because I do like Ed China. Wish they'd add his labour rate up at the end too tho!
    '32 or '34 3 or 5 window wanted.

Images
    Haha. Fogey, I won't be able to watch without noticing that now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford ca freak View Post
    Could be leepoo?

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Or painting almost every car blue..........
    Quote Originally Posted by fogey View Post
    Overhaulin' seems to consist mainly of shrinking bumpers so that they fit closer to the car . . . . . . every episode . . .
    I don't watch fishing programmes, or even football, but presume they are made for people that are into fishing and or football, but car programmes, who are they aimed at? they nearly all follow the same format, and insult your intelligence at every opportunity; as one of the less popular guys on discovery said" you cant build a car in a week, it takes longer than that to get the parts delivered"
    Last edited by Austin Martin; 12-01-2017 at 06:48.
    Just a passer by as you might say.

you grungy little twerp! Kustom Jim's Avatar
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fogey View Post
    And a lesson in old school pantone marker airbrush artistic licence illustrations
    Only joking, as a trained tech illustrator I like watching him work.

My current fave is Jay Leno's Garage. Just a show about cars and some stars - trying not to be too pretentious. Who wouldn't want the modern Ford Mustang 207mph Hennessy 'blower' upgrade for $25k.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stu460 View Post
    The other thing I hate is the numpty summary at the end of a segment before the ad break "this is what you just watched" and the inevitable recap "in the last part this happened" as the adverts end. If you can't remember what you just watched after 5 minutes of adverts you should stick to licking windows...........
    I think this is aimed at folk who channel hop, which is the inevitable result of having a remote control and loads of channels (and maybe for some, the attention span of a gnat).

All the cars in the background of Car SOS are either window dressing or stuff that will be restored by the business. If you notice, there's always a bubble car there (Heinkel/Trojan?), a Porsche 911/912 and a Triumph Renown that never seem to progress. I believe it's an actual company run by Fuzz Townsend, ex-Technical Editor of Practical Classics and co-host of show who seems to know his stuff eg liked his tip the other day on not losing valve timing when replacing cambelt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information