Rods 'n' Sods Image Hosting - A How-To Guide.
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Images
    Images

Rods 'n' Sods Image Hosting - A How-To Guide.

Overview: The following tutorial is a step by step guide on how to upload multiple images into your RnS Image Hosting account as well as how to insert them into posts.

Rods 'n Sods Image Hosting is available to ALL registered users via the 'Image Hosting' button on the menu above.

Uploading The Image
    It all starts with a post

As per normal, find the thread you want to comment on or start up a new one.

Uploading *NEW* Images To Insert

Step 1.

At the top of the message editor you'll see the toolbars containing the normal formatting buttons.

In with the URL Linking group there is a small camera icon button.

Click on the button to open the "Insert Image" popup window.

Step 2.

In order to upload new images click the "Upload New Images" link in blue. This will show the image upload controls and queue. Click the "Upload Images" button to open the explorer dialog box.

Browse through the folders to find the image(s) you want to upload. Multiple images can be selected by either hilighting the 1st file and then "Shift" + Click on the last one to select a group or "Ctrl" + Click to select files individually. Once you have selected all the images you want to upload click the "Open" button.
    ** Note **
    Depending on what operating system you're using the file explorer dialog may look slightly different.

You should now see the files being uploaded and their progress shown within the queue window. The time this takes will depend upon the native filesize of the images and your internet connection speed.

Once all the files have uploaded the window will refresh, closing the upload controls area and showing your newly uploaded images in the grid below.

** Note **
    The software is currently limited to a maximum of 20 images per upload queue. This may be changed in the future however the uploader can be run multiple times to add further images by repeating step 2. Images will be resampled and resized on the server to preserve space.

That's it for the uploading part.

Posting The Images Into A Message

If the image browser is not currently open then it can be brought up by clicking the camera icon as detailed above.
    Images will be inserted at the current location of the cursor within the editor. You can flick between the windows to re-position the cursor if needed before inserting the image (by pressing "Alt + "Tab" in Windows).

Step 1.

Using the grid display, locate the image(s) that you want to insert. The pagination controls can be used to navigate through all of the images that you currently have stored on Rods 'n' Sods Image Hosting. To insert the image within the post simply click on the image. This will post the [IMG]...[/IMG] tags with the image url into the post for you along with a newline above and below.

Step 2.

There is no Step 2 really. Just repeat step 1 for as many images as you require
    If you have finished adding images to the post then you can close the window or it will automagically close when the post is submitted.
    It's as easy as that

If you have or would like to do a tutorial for the Rods 'n Sods forum then please Contact Me.
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

[url=http://www.nobrain.d NoJive 55's Avatar
    Images
    Si, I got no problems uploading pic’s.

But the first pic, I think it should say click on the “ go advanced tag” as that’s the view your showing
    But in the 1st or 2nd screen I can’t see the small camera icon button?

This is what showing on my screen

Also view my images looks like this now

Bob….

Images
    Images
    If only people read the Announcements

Imagehosting and 'Quick Upload' replacement is now Live

It's working good now i've re-enabled it Bob. Give it another try.

The old 'view my images' page will get a revamp at some point but priority was towards getting the upload functionality within posts working again.
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Click this bar to view the full image.

In with the URL Linking group there is a small camera icon button.

Click on the button to open the "Insert Image" popup window.

Step 2.

In order to upload new images click the "Upload New Images" link in blue. This will show the image upload controls and queue. Click the "Upload Images" button to open the explorer dialog box.

Browse through the folders to find the image(s) you want to upload. Multiple images can be selected by either hilighting the 1st file and then "Shift" + Click on the last one to select a group or "Ctrl" + Click to select files individually. Once you have selected all the images you want to upload click the "Open" button.
    ** Note **
    Depending on what operating system you're using the file explorer dialog may look slightly different.

You should now see the files being uploaded and their progress shown within the queue window. The time this takes will depend upon the native filesize of the images and your internet connection speed.

Once all the files have uploaded the window will refresh, closing the upload controls area and showing your newly uploaded images in the grid below.

** Note **
    The software is currently limited to a maximum of 20 images per upload queue. This may be changed in the future however the uploader can be run multiple times to add further images by repeating step 2. Images will be resampled and resized on the server to preserve space.

That's it for the uploading part.

Posting The Images Into A Message

If the image browser is not currently open then it can be brought up by clicking the camera icon as detailed above.
    Images will be inserted at the current location of the cursor within the editor. You can flick between the windows to re-position the cursor if needed before inserting the image (by pressing "Alt + "Tab" in Windows).

Step 1.

Using the grid display, locate the image(s) that you want to insert. The pagination controls can be used to navigate through all of the images that you currently have stored on Rods 'n' Sods Image Hosting. To insert the image within the post simply click on the image. This will post the [IMG]...[/IMG] tags with the image url into the post for you along with a newline above and below.

Step 2.

There is no Step 2 really. Just repeat step 1 for as many images as you require
    If you have finished adding images to the post then you can close the window or it will automagically close when the post is submitted.
    It's as easy as that

If you have or would like to do a tutorial for the Rods 'n Sods forum then please Contact Me.

Meep Meep.
    My Intro
    evilzee28 posted --> That's not being a part of a herd of sheep my friend, that's being a part of something that is positive, helpful & downright good.

bwah!!!! i cant even get past the first stage i dont get the tool bar on my page?? the only way i can post is via manage attachments and then i can only post thumbnails........ its probably me being thick and not knowing what i am doing lol!.... anyone help please
    apologies to roadrunna as i know he has been working hard sorting the gremlins.
    Last edited by yellapop; 25-10-2011 at 19:47. Reason: apologies

Images
    You Git Si, you must have only just turned that back on.......and yep its now working

Bob..........

Images
    Images
    I had only just fixed it bob.

What did you think about it ?
    Bulk uploader any use ?
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

Images
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yellapop

bwah!!!! i cant even get past the first stage i dont get the tool bar on my page?? the only way i can post is via manage attachments and then i can only post thumbnails........ its probably me being thick and not knowing what i am doing lol!.... anyone help please
    apologies to roadrunna as i know he has been working hard sorting the gremlins.
    What browser are you using ?
    Are you running any kind of ad blocker ?
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunna View Post
    What browser are you using ?
    Are you running any kind of ad blocker ?
    ...no ad blocker that i know of , and running windows 7 on a laptop
    how can i find out if there is an ad blocker??

Images
    Images
    You probably aren't then. You'd know if you had one running.

As a side note, do you see the ad at the top of the page or some message about God killing kittens ?
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

Images
    This may help a lot of you I hope so ..

Sorry no sound and poor quietly as I didn’t have the time with uploading a long file etc;

Bob……….

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information