Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

'Historic' road tax reminders?

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Captain Scarlet 
#1 ·
Just had a reminder from DVLA that my daily's tax is due at the end of January, but didn't get a reminder for the Model A that was due at the end of December. Is this a new 'policy' or just unlucky? Anyone else not getting reminders?

#3 ·
My wife got "T-boned" by a Scania when driving my old Merc 190 end November, and it ws a total loss situation, so, I reckoned I had a good few months road tax to claim back, so went on line to do it. Oops, been out of tax since end Oct!! No reminder and no warning of a possible fine had been received! I thought it was taxed till Oct THIS year, but on checking back my conformation e-mails from DVLA, it hadn't been done. Their website warned me they may be in touch for unpaid tax so I'll just have to wait and see.

#10 ·
My thoughts too.

Why rely on somebody else? Just set your own reminder in your phone/outlook/device or even scrawl it on your calendar. It's always somebody else's fault!
I have my own system so I knew it was due, but they are supposed to send reminders.

Or just pay by direct debit, £0.00 a month should do the job!
That would certainly confuse them! Although since the thieving bar stewards charge extra for the privelege of using DD, it'd probably be a quid a month for 'historic' tax. I also have no intention of willingly letting any government department help themselves to my money.

#12 ·
i keep all 3 tax disc holders on the screen with a note when there due,
copys of the mot,s and insurance in the boot in a container,just to keep and eye on the dates,and in case im pulled,
i got a pull in my comet ,said i had no mot,his face was a picture when i showed him the paper,id just come from the garage for my mot.
had the log book ,insurance ,mot,driving licence all in hand,
BE SMART,BE SAFE, AND BE SMUG,DONT GIVE THE BOY SCOUTS A EXCUSE.

#14 ·
Nothing to do with classics but just passed a big late model Audi in a side road near me with a big bugger of a wheel clamp on it, only noticed at the last minute the really big bugger of a sticker on the windscreen that said "No Vehicle Tax" or words to that effect. Made me think about mine for a few moments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.