Insurance valuations?
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

+ Reply to Thread
    Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images

Insurance valuations?

Who do you use? Need to get the Ranchero insured & really not sure what value to put on it? It really is a "nut & bolt" rebuild with thousands spent on new parts and upgrades, but with it being quite unique there's nothing to benchmark it against, I'd guess at between 15 and 20 thousand but I'd like an independent valuation to confirm/advise differently.

I don't belong to any clubs anymore, who do others use?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Garry, can't help on who to do the valuation but with what's gone into yours, I'd be valuing it above 20K. A rebuilt one in the condition of yours would sell for 35K dollars in the States, maybe more if from a dealer. To put it into perspective, I just brought over a '59 with the big block 352 engine and 3 on the tree manual gearbox. I have it running quite well now, bit smoky and I did yard drive it yesterday. It's all there but needs a full restoration and I'd need probably a whisker over 9K just to get a drink out of it. I don't think an insurance company would have any problem at 20K on yours. I used to insure with Footman James for the privately owned classic yanks and up to 15K you could self value it, over 15k and you needed a club valuation.

Images
    Footman James with my motorbikes and Winnebago insurance policies are self valuation and photos of the vehicle from various angles. I don't know about the maximum limit to self valuation as nothing I have is worth near £15k

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Images
    i am with Brent acre found them easy to deal with , they have 25k max self valuation
    keeping vintage iron alive

Images
    Valuations can be tricky, in an ideal world, the value would be the precise figure you could buy a ready-made exact copy of your vehicle. Fantastic for the million identical Ford Fiestas out there; not great for most people on this forum. One thing to be aware of however is that the value isn't a rebuild value.

As you're starting with nothing, I would personally look for a relevant club, VHRA etc who would be able to give you the most accurate figure which you can take to most insurers to remove any doubt. You also get extra benefits with some of the good ones including discounts on insurance providing agreements exist.

Alternatively if you're happy enough self-valuing, I would advise getting the value agreed before signing up for a 12 month policy just to ensure you're happy with what's being offered; If your insurer can't agree a value you're happy with and you've already taken the policy out, you'll lose out on cancellation fees or have to accept cover you're not happy with.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information