Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1968 Dodge Charger Race Car

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Ivor 
#1 ·
Jon Benn is selling his race car and due to the fact that he is overwhelmed work wise at the moment I'm helping sell it for him, I know the car well so, if you have any questions, or would like to have a look at the car (it's near Didcot, South of Oxford), please drop me a PM or call me at the office on 01908 562828 and ask for Ivor, say it's to do with Jon's Charger!

1968 Dodge Charger, imported 2006 from California by Dave Madders.

Strong 440 motor with RHS heads (Racing Head Service) Eddy intake, 850 Holley DP…not sure of cam specs and internals, but it's got some grunt.

New Andy Robinson cage, tagged to 8.5 seconds.

Glass bumpers, doors (need fitting), trunk lid, hood, all new from Dale

New 10.5 inch slicks.

New 3/4 floor pans, plasma cut and fully seam welded in.

New cooling system with Northern Aluminium rad, shroud, electric fan and pump, braded hoses and Goodrich fittings throughout, all the very best parts used.

Entirely new fuel system with Aerospace Components pump and filter, braided lines and Goodrich fittings throughout

Reverse pattern 727 Torqueflite trans by Duncan Watts, including billet bits, new trans cooler and lines.

8¾" axle with 742 case, 4:56 spool, Hemi springs moved in and tubbed for slicks.

New rear quarters.

Ran low 12's on easy runs at the Nats 2007, so there's more to come!

Fitted the new line lock button on the shifter so turning the steering wheel no longer involves a short course in bondage.

Car still has a fender tag and US Certificate of Title.

£8,000 buys the car and I don't need top tell you how cheap that is, so please don't PM me with sillyness.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.