Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Insurance Rants?

I wanted to launch this in the rant section, but quite rightly not allowed being an advertiser; but purely from the Hot Rod/Custom Car angle, are there any general insurance rants, complaints or niggles no matter how big or small. Or is everyone more or less happy with the choices out there and feel it is what it is? Feel free to moan and complain although I'd ask you to omit company names. This is so I can get a feel for any improvements or extras we could look into rather than a Broker bashing thread.

Obviously if any complaint is about Brentacre, do let me know especially if it's outstanding. But generally I want to get a feel for any smaller niggles that we wouldn't necessarily hear about to see if we can improve our own offerings.
    Last edited by Brentacre; 08-06-2017 at 13:18.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict choppedblownpop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do insurance companies insist you use "their" glass fitters ?
    In 2010 my daily had to have the screen replaced,simple enough job,but no,must have to use "their"fitters,to cut a long story short,I ended up having SEVEN screens in six months !!!
    Countless calls to the insurance company,absolutely a waste of my time and effort,
    In the end(number 7 screen) I paid for someone else to do it.
    I will never insure with this company again,so why can't I choose who fixes my pride and joy ?

I won't name the company,I will shout it out

BRENTACRE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have our own windscreen company, but it sounds like you were placed with an Insurer who does. It's not the first complaint I've heard about it though thankfully they aren't too common either especially lately. We had a small spate of complaints about one insurer's windscreen service every couple of days for a couple of months which led to some serious conversations about our future with the insurer, after a lot of to-ing a fro-ing they changed their supplier and complaints like this dropped off almost completely, so we are working to fix issues and improve where we can.

As the insurance intermediary, we are your go-between with the insurer if things go wrong, so if anyone with Brentacre has a problem with a claim or dealing with insurers, legal teams, finance companies or claims handlers in relation to your policy; get in touch with us.

The reason most insurers insist on using their own nominated glass company is down to cost, control and efficiency; by referring all their work through one or a handful of companies they can limit the paperwork and lower costs. The lack of choice and competition is presumably not helpful, but when a windscreen costs more than the premium, I can see why they're not keen to pay full price with unknown repairers. We are always on the lookout for better deals, cover and want to keep up to date with the market however.

On your specific complaint, it sounds like there's nothing I can do to fix it at this stage, but if I could ask you to PM me your name/postcode/registration just so I can see what went wrong as part of your comments please.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict choppedblownpop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pm sent

AA windscreens were the culprits,if you need any more information I have a long running thread on a Vw forum all about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That could be good too please, I've got the logs this side but this will be biassed to the staff dealing with you at the time, your thread will be helpful for balance.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I'm insured with brentacre and need a new screen , can I get my local company to do it as I trust them explicitly and will not let one of the big ones touch my car

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your best bet would be to give us a call 63Wagon so we can access your policy in full. We're open until 12pm today, and then back in Monday-Friday 9-17:30

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    my son will be contacting you today regarding his renewal,
    he took out insurance with you last year on the understanding/promise that if he had no claims or convictions and that by time of his renewal he would be 21 the maximum he would be paying is £900 fully comp
    for his Lincoln town car.Well the quote in the post has just come through as £1021 third party fire and theft ??
    Darren even told me this over the phone so obviously he not a happy bunny at mo and like I said will be contacting you to see if this can be improved

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

[QUOTE=vetmanuk;4222922]my son will be contacting you today regarding his renewal,
    he took out insurance with you last year on the understanding/promise that if he had no claims or convictions and that by time of his renewal he would be 21 the maximum he would be paying is

Ok update:,
    A deal has been struck and the price is now for fully fully comp with a £550 excess which my son seems happy with

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    He contacted me about it on Facebook recently I remember, as the 2nd year's price was given 12 months in advance we can unfortunately only estimate as the market can change. Sadly two things happened between the date he took the policy out and his renewal which has jumped premiums up somewhat; Insurance tax was increased (again!) and the Ogden Rate change was thrown at us also pulling up premiums.

I was able to up the level of cover to comprehensive however without altering the price by applying a club discount as some incentive, that is saved to his policy if he did choose to renew. We also have a pricematch promise, so tell him to have a look about (we don't have access to all insurers) and if he does find a better price for the same level of cover, we have something to take to the insurer to negotiate this side.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only reason you cant access the rants is that you need 60 posts to have access to that area and the adult section
    nothing to do with being a trader

my insurance ir not with you but they want 20% more than last year ( cheeky buggers )
    ill call you for a quote for my truck

who at your place offers the biggest discount ?
    thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in