Likes Likes:  13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

20 years in the waiting and erection is looking promising

Thought i would now do a thread on my workshop build

Had concrete pour on Saturday morning 16 cube metres then power floated in the afternoon to a glass finish , i am very happy with the results
    Now got to wait 2 weeks before i can start erecting

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the floor space, I am doing something similar looking to do 7m x 7.5, would you mind saying the rough cost of the concrete, people keep saying I should mix my own but a pour like that looks much easier. I am looking to get a portal building

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlm View Post
    Whats the floor space, I am doing something similar looking to do 7m x 7.5, would you mind saying the rough cost of the concrete, people keep saying I should mix my own but a pour like that looks much easier. I am looking to get a portal building
    Don't mix your own...….. the quality of the mix and the aggro doing it really isn't worth it. I mixed 2 cubic metres with my own mixer to do the floor of part of an extension a few years back, way too much like hard work! A lot of people that tell you to mix it yourself have possibly never done it. When I last had some delivered (straight pour, no pumping required) around ten years ago it was just over £100 per cubic metre, there are also companies that mix and barrow it on site for you. Mixing anything more than enough for a few fence posts or a garden wall foundation really isn't worth it I.M.O.

5. Likeskapri, Torment liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlm View Post
    Floor space is 11200 x 7500 i did 180mm deep it took 16 cube the fist load i had a conveyor belt so it could reach the back 2nd load was off the shute
    I had professional guy do it has they had all the gear , it was too bigger job for me , i tried years ago and it was a ball ache

7. Likescarlm liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont mix it yourself - it will literally take days.

Pumped in might seem expensive at first, but its the correct grade for strength and it's fast. You can literally lay the whole base in an hour or two.

9. Likeskapri, carlm liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    As others have said, don't mix it yourself.
    I just mixed and poured the footings for my greenhouse. 10' x 16' perimeter, 1' wide and 4" deep.
    Took 2400 pounds or 30 x 80 pound bags of ready mixed, and most of the day with an electric mixer.
    Cost of the 30 bags was $142 plus tax
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete...0180/100318511

Official RnS Addict wakesupremo's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Concreting is what I do. Definitely don't mix that amount yourself. it works out roughly 2 tonne of ballast per cubic meter. Ready mix works out cheaper and much quicker.
    If it's got tits or tyres, its gonna be trouble

12. Likeschoppedblownpop liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The annoying thing is when you have really deep foundations and half the cost / volume of concrete is under the ground!!

We moved 50 ton of clay for my base and foundations for a 10m x 7m . Muckaway was about £2500 !!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    The annoying thing is when you have really deep foundations and half the cost / volume of concrete is under the ground!!

We moved 50 ton of clay for my base and foundations for a 10m x 7m . Muckaway was about £2500 !!
    I also have deep foundations buried under my base as originally we were going to build a block 2 story workshop with gymnasium above, seems a waste now but its always there for the future,
    The prefab i have to put up was free and TBH will see me out as i cant ever see us being able to afford to build what we wanted plus i was getting sick of working outside

Official RnS Addict ChopperHarris's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see reinforcement properly spaced up. I was a Building Surveyor in the UK, now I tarmac for the Municipal here in france. The masons just lay the reinforcement (undersized and not tied properly) and just wade in after the pour and lift it with a rake. Sometimes I cant watch......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information