Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Americana Maybe ok next year or pitch battle as HA take on the bad element

Judging by the facebook posts,they seem to be listening now after their first reaction of slagging off anyone who complained....only time will tell if they follow through and do what they say.

Concerning people causing trouble Quote from Facebook

we are having lots of meetings with the local authorities and the health & safety executive to work out plans to combat this very irritating problem. I as the senior director of Americana Promotions Ltd do not want to see or hear of young children & teenagers going around causing grief and intimidating our visitors. The parents of ALL these will be held responsible for their bad behaviour and if they don't then we will be obliged to remove the complete family from the venue irrespective of who they are. Its not on and all out thirty plus years of providing like minded people with a great affordable weekend is being screwed up by mindless youngsters. If any of their parents would like to meet up with me so we can discuss this bad situation please feel free to contact me by email at: [email protected]

Quote from Facebook regarding secruity for next year(posted at 3.11pm today)

it will be much better than this year's and wil not have the same problems.
    The ALPHA stage is back in its original position which will be of great interest to our traders who have been left out in the cold these last two years purely by bad planning on my part, something I am truly sorry about. Our HA security is back to full strength foir 2013 so I sincerely hope that all those who have posted their fears on here will take notice that this is going to happen, some will welcome it others won't.. But the fact is if people don't play ball with us fairly then they will suffer the consequences by being removed from the festival or barred from entering it in the begining.

So I'm thinking it maybe ok for 2013, or it might be another hell on toast as the HA exert their authority on the event again. I think I might give it a year to settle before going again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    HA ? is that like, Hells Angels ?

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, HA=Hells angels
    Seems to be a softening from customers, a lot now saying they will be back due to this facebook annoucment

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dare say they can get the daytime trouble under control with the right security.
    It's the night time tent break ins and ****s partying till 3am that needs sorting before us and the kids'll be back.

Semi Proffessional Prat sidspop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    There is no diplomatic way of saying this, the general public are scared of pikeys. If half a dozen pikeys want to take something, most people would walk away. The only way to stop them is with a harder force, ie the HA. A couple of 'gentle prods' and a slight talking to should do the trick.
    Getting the atmosphere back should be the number one priority of Mr Jackson, he seems to have blamed everybody but himself for the problems, and turned a deaf ear to the "morons" who were moaning. If he wants the event to continue, and succeed, he should listen, and act.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    well the HA wont take any **** and i for one am very pleased there going back to do security etc

got a few friends in the HA and they are great people, so lets see how next year goes and hope its back to how it was

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    fed up with hearing about pykiees,,,some travellers have some lovely american cars ,and belive me ,its some proper scum wrecking it for them too

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Near me is a traveller 'permanent site' (I don't know either!).
    Every Christmas we get our tree from them and I noticed a 57 belair. 58 pick up and a caddy. Got talking to one of them and was given a tour of the cars. Then shown the resto of some lovely chrome caravans complete with coal fire place!!! Obviously every gipsy traveller or pikey isn't at the event. It's a scum element that use it as a great chance to steal and cause havoc. Identify & remove these people only. Banning all suspected 'pikeys' will cause more trouble in the future and as the initial header said could result in an all out war.
    1955-56-57 Chevy new and used parts always available from www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk who I'm proud to have sponsor my '57 Chevy race car. 9.3 @ 155.8 mph / 0-60 = 1.47 seconds! Street legal :-)

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sidspop View Post
    There is no diplomatic way of saying this, the general public are scared of pikeys. If half a dozen pikeys want to take something, most people would walk away. The only way to stop them is with a harder force, ie the HA. A couple of 'gentle prods' and a slight talking to should do the trick.
    Getting the atmosphere back should be the number one priority of Mr Jackson, he seems to have blamed everybody but himself for the problems, and turned a deaf ear to the "morons" who were moaning. If he wants the event to continue, and succeed, he should listen, and act.
    I expect most members of the public have a similar dim view of hell's angels as they do of travellers. I realise this sort of image is based on hype, ignorance and media stereotyping, but once again that could equally apply to travellers.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a good number of 'pikeys'around here as we are only around 5 miles from the longest established horse fair in the UK , Wickham. All the ones I've met have been sound and pretty much keep themselves to themselves. I know there is a pecking order within the Gypsy communities and the ones that cause all the grief are normally those visiting from Ireland for the summer to see what they can try and nick .

I know one well known Gypsy rodders wife , a Romany herself , threaten some 'hedgehoggers' with a baseball bat as they were discussing ripping off her stall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information