Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hermes around here are quite good, yodel however thats a different story!
    at least dick turpin had the decency to wear a mask!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had lots of stuff delivered by Hermes, never had any problems, ...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    I think its good point about the courier that actually delivers , the nice lady tracy that brings hermes stuff to me is great , and nothing has ever got lost .
    Same here, I use either Hermes or UPS through Interparcel and have had no problems, often delivered quicker than expected. I did have a problem with a small parcel (jiffy bag) sent a week or so before Christmas, to Scotland. The tracking said they'd tried to deliver which was obviously BS as no signature was needed and it would have gone through the letterbox.

Luckily it did get delivered a few days after I'd started a claim and that's where the problems began: it was covered for £20 and I claimed the £17 value but they were worming there way out of paying anything out because I didn't have my original receipt to prove the value of the parts to me - like I'd have a receipt for secondhand parts bought at a swap meet!! I put the late delivery down to me sending it too near Christmas and them probably using temp drivers, so lesson learnt, but because of the claim fiasco I vowed not to use PARCEL2GO again. Be warned!
    Screw EU

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    To a large extent it's all down to the attitude of the 'self employed' courier who delivers to you - though obviously there can be problems further back up the chain. I always make a point of being polite and grateful to all the couriers round here, including Royal Mail / Parcel Force. I also always offer to take in parcels for neighbours (except for the obnoxious piece of **** a few doors down ; ) ) as working from home I'm here a lot during the day when others are out at work (not so much at the mo, obviously) As a result I've had one courier pull into the local garage to give me a parcel when he saw me refuelling the car, and just the other day the Royal Mail van driver pulled up and gave me a small parcel when I was out walking the dog!

I guess most of us probably treat the Couriers the same and obviously it won't work with them all . . .

6. Likesscottie liked this post
    Official RnS Addict chevrolet50's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redoxide View Post
    here the email address of the bloke that works in my local office a major hub near Dundee.

[email protected]
    Got an email back,tracked parcel as supposed to be in weybridge but he cannot do no more,been ringing them all day long, not answering at all.what a joke. I don’t mind driving there if I know it is definitely there, I just cannot believe you cannot even talk to anybody at all!! Total useless **** company!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoew View Post
    I think its good point about the courier that actually delivers , the nice lady tracy that brings hermes stuff to me is great , and nothing has ever got lost .
    Yeah we must be lucky, we have two or three deliver and never have a problem

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Yeah we must be lucky, we have two or three deliver and never have a problem
    The delivery people are great and very helpful, the problem appears to stem from their distribution offices where the care levels from the non-public facing staff are maybe not what they could be.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a set of 17 inch rims from the USA, sent via Hermes. 2 of the 4 wheels turned up, I contacted the sellers and they then despatched a further 2 wheels. They arrived a week later. 2 weeks later, the first pair turned up. Bonus …… :-)

11. LikesMickjane2, Kustom Jim liked this post
    Exceeded sell by date Plumpcars's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hermes is not answering because they are not there, customer facing offices are closed. Even John Lewis told me that they can't get through to Hermes at present. I had an e mail to say that an item was delivered last week... It wasn't. I rang John Lewis who were absolutely brilliant. Immediate refund and then paid for secure 24hr postage on the replacement item/refunded postage on the first. Last night the 'supposedly delivered' first item turned up from the Hermes man so I now have two. Will be arranging the return of one today.
    The Royal Mail deliveries here are sketchy currently. The reason is simple, they have very few staff. The virus has swept through locally and my regular guys disappeared for 5 weeks. Turns out that they had it and it swept through their families as well, very seriously in one case. The depots are stacked floor to ceiling currently.

Official RnS Addict chevrolet50's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I drove to weybridge today to find office and warehouse full of people.spoke to 2 girls in warehouse first and was sent to reception,8 blokes in the office and people everywhere.said parcel was scanned in the morning again and still in the warehouse but couldn’t get it for me there and then?? Offered to deliver it in the afternoon but I knew I would be out still so getting delivered tomorrow,no explanation,no answers and still no parcel,fingers crossed for tomorrow,not a bad service I suppose,1 month 5 days for s parcel to get delivered in uk,I could have crawled on my hands and knees there and back by now,shocking!! I will keep you informed if it actually arrives

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information