Anyone done that "small claims court" ******?
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone done that "small claims court" ******?

Has anyone done this?, I have a **** who lives next door but 2 who has owed me £320 for 3 months, loads of lies, txts all that **** to try fob me off etc, is it worth going the legal route with this or will it cost me £500 to get 320?
    Ta

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Invasive question I know, but how does he owe you the money?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes it's worth not getting the money you're owed to be able to say **** off you still owe me from last time when they ask for something else.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

5. Likeschevrolet50, kapri, alleykat liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I would have been better off.
    It a legit bill, I serviced his Wife's Chevrolet Spark 3 months ago and the inv has not been paid
    ...however, bit of a mistake on my part as he owed me the balance of HIS car for 9 months earlier in the year, so when he paid me that I told him "you can fk off with that 9 months crap mate I want it in 4 weeks if I do the Spark, he promised, I trusted, I got fkd.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    bugger! you're just too kind, lol. i'm in a similar situation with a guy now too, i'd rather write off what he owes me and avoid any more hassle.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are right Gasser, its turning me into a harsh person though from trying to help EVERYONE im now getting angry.

Here we go...last year I trusted the next door neighbour to do me some building work that involved taking a small drystone wall down and lift/reset my Yorkshire stone flags, he had done X4 work before for me, awesome builder one of the best, lifted my patio on Sat aft took the wall down, knocked on my door on Sat night wanting £240 for materials on Sunday that would be delivered....me, "err, they deliver on a Sunday?, with a fkn hi-ab wagon?, are you sure?
    ....gave it him...big mistake, he blew the lot on crack the same night, never did the job, moved out of the house, cost me £900 to fix what he left, im fkn stupid I know but I just want to be fair, to make it worse, I was so impressed how he did the flags at the front and the back of my house earlier I actually praised him and gave him more than he wanted............I got fkd, never got that

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have taken two people to the small claims court for unpaid bills and it costs about £50. Thefirst time it went to court and the judge found in my favour and the client had to pay my bill and the court fees.
    The second time, I sent the summons along with a revised invoice (including the court fees and the bloke paid up.
    In my experience most people will pay up to avoid a court case (unless they have a good reason for not paying) and I would rather spend the money getting my money back than let them get away with it.

10. Likesblackpopracing liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have had to resort to small claims in the past. I've actually found that just the threat of taking action is often enough to get paid. What I usually do is send a 'Proceedings Notice' saying that I will take court action if payment not received in 7 days. If that doesn't work I send another letter saying that as they've ignored the first letter then the claim has been submitted to the court. However, I wait a few more days before actually do so because sometimes the second letter will be enough. A couple of times it has progressed past that and both times I have been paid together with all costs. Having said that there have also been occasions when I've threatened small claims without a result and not bothered to proceed because it probably wouldn't be worth it.

12. Likes68roadrunner liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have to get a Solicitor to send a "Proceeding notice" or an equivalent?

Joe, I was told it was £250 now to to file a small claim?, not stating, just told, so may be ******

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie shovelheadrob's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look here https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...ney/court-fees
    It's a relatively easy process & you can always escalate it to bailiffs if need be. Some people are professional/habitual non payers, good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information