Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Rob, i'm going to digest all that tonight, it appears you get "charged" in line with what you are owed, like Joe said, prob about £50 to kick start it,
    Cheers Lads

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’d go the legal route, as when I was having trouble getting my car and parts back from a so called builder, that seemed to be the only way forward. The small price for starting the process is worth it even if you lose you have tried.
    Good luck.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    money claims on line

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Basically send a letter recorded saying what the money is for, give them 14 days to pay or your taking them to court on the 15 days you send another letter recorded giving them a further 7/10/14 days to pay ,it hey don't you file on line

The two letters recorded are to really to prove you gave them time to respond, prior to issueing a claim, (part of the due process) you claim for the postal costs and the court fee plus you can charge for judical interest at 8% ( but the time scale and amount of claim might not make that significant )
    Last edited by stonefree; 15-03-2020 at 09:46.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help folks, its the first time in 21years of trading I have (possibly) to do this, all my customers are "almost" friends hence they are straight up folk but this one appears to have bitten me, time will tell,
    thanks again, Olly.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alternative is to say and do nothing, he will then think you are a mug and he can get free car repairs again. So the next time he approaches you to have his car repaired, agree to it, then when you make up the new invoice add the monies owed.
    Do not return his car until he has paid his bill as the law is then on your side and he's the one who will have to fork out legal fees to try and get his car back.
    I'm sure you will hear the sob stories of "I need it to (go to work, pick up the kids, take the puppy/kitten to the vet)", but until you have all the money that's owed to you, keep the car.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alternative is to say and do nothing, he will then think you are a mug and he can get free car repairs again. So the next time he approaches you to have his car repaired, agree to it, then when you make up the new invoice add the monies owed.
    Do not return his car until he has paid his bill as the law is then on your side and he's the one who will have to fork out legal fees to try and get his car back.
    I'm sure you will hear the sob stories of "I need it to (go to work, pick up the kids, take the puppy/kitten to the vet)", but until you have all the money that's owed to you, keep the car.

I would deal with what is on hand at the moment, further on down the road ,that could get complicated

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know who you bank with but I bank with Lloyds and if I am £320 overdrawn I would get charged about 45p a day. Doesn't sound like much but it all adds up......

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing Devil's advocate, could you not offer to let him pay over a period of time? At least you will (should) get your money eventually.
    50 shades of grey primer....

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 68roadrunner View Post
    Do you have to get a Solicitor to send a "Proceeding notice" or an equivalent?

Joe, I was told it was £250 now to to file a small claim?, not stating, just told, so may be ******
    Nope, you can do it yourself. You can add the Court Fees to the claim and also a 'reasonable' admin charge of your own, and interest.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattblack View Post
    Playing Devil's advocate, could you not offer to let him pay over a period of time? At least you will (should) get your money eventually.
    I have given him that option since Jan 14th, can you believe it, @ £5 a week, nothing,,, then there's the empty red wine bottles in the re-cycler every week,
    when they tip the bottles in the truck it sounds like a fkn shootout with tommy guns Al Capone style in a gin palace....his wife works in a laboratory at a private school....go figure, wonder why the World is collapsing LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information