Likes Likes:  521
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Lives Matter

Am I missing something here ????
    Why only black lives surely all lives matter weather black, white, yellow or whatever, what happened to George Floyd should never ever had happened, But as far as I can see the cop has been arrested and on a murder charge along with his colleagues that were involved.
    So hopefully justice will get done.

So why have we got all this mass protesting as I cannot see what more could have been done, most protests seem to be turning into riots tv footage of a tanker driver reportedly barrelling at protesters what I see were loads of protesters climbing all over his rig and him trying to drive away but I believe he got dragged out of his cab and beat to a pulp also was told the same happened to a fedex delivery guy (but did not read that myself so maybe not true ).

Now this is not to stir anything up and possibly I have got it all wrong but would be more than happy to listen to anybody elses take on the situation is there a bigger issue here that I am unaware of ?

Even Lewis Hamilton who I am a huge fan off is slating F1 for not getting involved, why should they lets keep politics out of sport.

And finally anybody know what George Floyd was being arrested for ?

Please take this post as intended so no racism in comments please I am just curios if its just me wondering .

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    He was being arrested for money that was seen as fake by a cashier.
    All over the world there are heavy handed police. But seems like a zero tolerance policy in the USA and more so when its none whites being arrested.
    Police also face life and death decisions in the USA from offenders who could be armed and dont want to go to jail for big sentences.

What i dont get is that the protests are about black lives matter. But then you see footage of just none stop looting of stores and especially stores that stock training shoes.
    Its like the asylum was emptied onto the streets

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you read any off the yank forums their is huge racial devide I n the states.

It's like the kkk never went away.

I don't get the race or colour thing but there obviously is something there.im not sure if everyone want equality and I'm sure a lot want to be victims forever.

How can we ever be equal if you can have say a black police federation but not a white one.surely we should just have a police federation.

Same with the black music awards.its not equal is it.

Some cops in the States certainly are trigger happy and what happened,didn't need to.there certainly is a different mindset with different races.

That's just an observation.

I don't get why we need to be involved over here.theres probably been another thousand murders since this one,and no one gives a **** about them.

Some sections of society obviously use stuff like this as an excuse.im not sure what looting and burning stuff does for the cause.

If anything it must just make more people hate you.

The fed ex truck thing is online.driver stopped and the animals started breaking into his truck,stealing stuff,when they tried to get into his can,he drove off

And some dude got stuck under his wheel.no ****s were given.

I'm glad I live here and not in the states
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was AMERICAN police in AMERICA so why did the protest in Coventry march to an English police station? wouldn't American embassy be more apt?

6. LikesYella f100, Torment liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drseg View Post
    it was AMERICAN police in AMERICA so why did the protest in Coventry march to an English police station? wouldn't American embassy be more apt?
    There was a big article on breakfast tv this morning about UK deaths in police custody over the last couple of years. 16% of deaths in the last couple of years have been of the BAME ethnicity, not a word was said about the other 84% of the poor buggers who weren’t considered part of the minority groups.

8. Likeskapri liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the answers to some of my questions Glad its not just me that don't get it all, especially the riot bit all that looting and unrest seems like a funny way to get people on board with your cause.
    Keep the opinions coming its interesting reading to see what others make of it all

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have worked security in several situations without misshap but wouldn't want to be a copper anywhere in the world. If you use too much force you could kill that person, don't use enough force...that person kills you. Add guns to the equation and the odds of something going wrong increase.
    It's a hard call to make and if the cop is of weak moral fibre (or just a ****) then anyone can end up dead.
    I have known of two people killed in Police custody, one was black and one was white (both were the kind of people that you didn't want to be on the wrong side of) I don't think racism was a part of it, they were both nutters

11. LikesTorment liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    was there any blacks amongst the coppers

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella f100 View Post
    Thanks for the answers to some of my questions Glad its not just me that don't get it all, especially the riot bit all that looting and unrest seems like a funny way to get people on board with your cause.
    Keep the opinions coming its interesting reading to see what others make of it all
    I think there is part of society that we just can't comprehend.
    And that's here in the UK as well as in the states.

I'd bet most of us colour aside are just average hard working folks. And will only really come into contact with or associate with like minded people.

But there are people that are not like us.they don't have the same values or morals.

You only have to look at the riots that happened over here when that drug dealer got shot.

Every average man didn't give two ****s,but the dregs in society used it as an excuse to loot and burn.

You and me will never comprehend why they do it
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

14. LikesCRAIG, Magman, Yella f100, drseg, Slamera63 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information