Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  557
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrolet50 View Post
    this is just an excuse for them to act like a pack of wild animals and rob what they can,hopefully the army get a shoot to kill instruction,they may abide by the law then
    ......IS, the correct answer. .... but as usual, folk only get the mainstream media and run with it, bit like the CV deal.
    Its unreal what scum will do for free Water Melon and a bucket of KFC
    ....anyhow, hows that rocket doing taking people for joyrides to the ISS...must get priorities in the right place LOL

2. Likeschevrolet50 liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, the world is an ugly place. There are injustices on all sides on a daily basis. There never was an ideal time to be alive, or some sort of utopia wherein everyone was happy. There never will be. Being human is hugely complex, we all have our prejudices and dislikes and different levels of tolerance etc. These things will happen until the last person on Earth turns the lights out. Make the most of what you've got, because you only have one life....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a positive note, amid all the nastiness and the violence, I was impressed by the dignity and common sense of Floyd's brother and some of those local business owners, who proved there are some good decent people in those communities, who have worked hard to get where they are. I'd like to see them get some support to get back on their feet.

6. Likesbrading liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was unsure about starting this thread as didn't know how it would go , but so pleased I did as its been interesting reading with some valid comments and opinions and not turned into a racist rant, also many of the opinions and thoughts are the same as I had in my head and its nice to know I am not the odd one out, also lots more info about the current situation and my questions in my initial post have been answered.
    Keep em coming as its interesting to see others points of view on such a controversial subject.
    Kev

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella f100 View Post
    I was unsure about starting this thread as didn't know how it would go , but so pleased I did as its been interesting reading with some valid comments and opinions and not turned into a racist rant, also many of the opinions and thoughts are the same as I had in my head and its nice to know I am not the odd one out, also lots more info about the current situation and my questions in my initial post have been answered.
    Keep em coming as its interesting to see others points of view on such a controversial subject.
    Kev
    the problem is,stuff like this really do fuel the right wingers of society.

i bet im not the only one getting memes on facebook about this.

the most popular asks why we didnt riot when a black man murdered lee rigby.

sorry you gotta be some proper sad **** to try to find the connection between a terrorist attack in london and a bloke be killed by a cop in america.and when you question them,they say their not racist.

i just block the ****s now.so if you can no longer see my builds on facebook,you know why.it was rodders and always does seam to be them i block on facebook.
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

9. Likesbrading, chevrolet50, rickbwigan liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If everyone blocked Fagbook/****ter the World would possibly be a better place IMO trouble is, if you have used it for mainstream "anything" ...you cant do it, its a drug, and you're hooked.
    I've done 22 years s/employed without ever running an ad,website, social media, word of mouth only.
    Of course, not saying everyone could do it, for some its too late.

11. Likeschevrolet50 liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    the problem is,stuff like this really do fuel the right wingers of society.

i bet im not the only one getting memes on facebook about this.

the most popular asks why we didnt riot when a black man murdered lee rigby.

sorry you gotta be some proper sad **** to try to find the connection between a terrorist attack in london and a bloke be killed by a cop in america.and when you question them,they say their not racist.

i just block the ****s now.so if you can no longer see my builds on facebook,you know why.it was rodders and always does seam to be them i block on facebook.
    I nearly always read your comments nobody as you seem very much like me as you say it like it is , I get many gasps and sucking in of air at work at some of the stuff I say and hate the snowflake generation but **** it say it as it is, I think what has been mentioned on here already is true most of these trouble makers /rioters etc don't give a flying **** about who or what they are marching for they are what I call career protesters , one week there tree hugging because a new roads being built and they have to chop down a tree, the next its because that greta thunberg child has said somethings bad for the environment, then the anti goverment protests blah blah blah...........My guess is most are just seeking attention and want to be seen trendy and doing the right thing some just want to go looting,
    But don't reckon many are employed as I am guessing not many on here could find the time to keep attending rallies as most of us are to busy working to pay there dole money.

13. Likeschevrolet50, redoxide, tuckers, Slamera63 liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 68roadrunner View Post
    If everyone blocked Fagbook/****ter the World would possibly be a better place IMO trouble is, if you have used it for mainstream "anything" ...you cant do it, its a drug, and you're hooked.
    I've done 22 years s/employed without ever running an ad,website, social media, word of mouth only.
    Of course, not saying everyone could do it, for some its too late.
    You are right,but you gotta know a lot of people or be popular to get you're work like that.id guess nearly all mine now comes from FB.

Yella fella.

I've never really got protests.i guess that's not my nature.i do however see the irony in most of them.

We've seen the anti capitalist ones where they smash up McDonald's while communicating on Apple phones wearing Nike trainers.

Wonder how long befor we get riots over here
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

15. Likesredoxide liked this post
    Milner for PM! Nigel Incubator-Jones's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character."

Every time someone trots out 'Black lives matter' or 'white privilege', they are expressing judgments concerning race rather than character. The narrative BLM wants to pursue is not one of straightforward good and bad but one of black and people and white people, the oppressed and the oppressor forever irreconcilable. BLM is not about equality - it serves two purposes, the first being to advance the position of individuals within the liberal media and academia who have been instrumental in manufacturing the problem in the first place, and the second being to give the gutter life a free pass to riot, loot and destroy. The originators of BLM were a load of black, gender-confused women with sociology degrees, educated beyond their intelligence by left-wing whites resulting in a deep resentment. Most likely they had never experienced real racism themselves and had no grasp of the challenges faced by society's poor, black or white.

George Floyd, as has been said, was a violent criminal and he wouldn't have died if he hadn't resisted arrest. I can't defend the extreme manner in which the officer concerned restrained him, but he has been fired, he will be taken to court and justice will then be served. To an intelligent person there it ends, but let's not let it all go to waste. Let's fabricate something about systematic racism and make lurid, unsupportable claims that whites are responsible for all black people's misfortunes, whether it's poverty or a stubbed toe. There is not a shred of evidence that Floyd was killed because he was black, nor is there a shred that anyone killed by a police officer in America was killed because of their race. The American police are more forceful than their British counterparts and they perhaps kill too many people needlessly, but that goes for whites as well. If we look at all the blacks killed by American police in the last 10 years, I wonder how many of them would be law-abiding folk?

It really is a them-and-us mentality. I wonder how BLM views black men in the police force. This is one black life that definitely did matter, and it will be interesting to see whether they have anything to saw about David Dorn, or whether they want to sweep him up the carpet. He was a black man but he had also integrated into American society and served to further its cause, so he's the 'wrong' sort of black man. Sad that he's dead, but let's just treat it as collateral damage in a grander plan, hey?
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/03/u...rnd/index.html

Anyway, that's America. The relationship between civilians and police in America is clearly different from that which we enjoy over here, so why the protests in London? They're pretending that blacks suffer from institutionalised racism over here but of course they can't prove it, and they probably won't like being reminded that 70% of blacks actually have confidence in their local police force: https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....city-over-time

By the way, two weeks ago the media was all over people who wanted to go for a walk in a park and it was - still is, in fact - illegal to meet for the sake of political protest, and all anti-lockdown gatherings were dispersed by police. I'd say there's a much higher risk of germs being spread at this BLM march than there ever was at Piers Corbyn's love-ins, and that's especially serious considering ethnic minorities are more susceptible to dying from Covid than whites, but we can't brand them Covidiots because they're the champions of a holy cause.

Considering they're all caught up in some kind of self-righteous fantasy, what exactly do they want? Besides the advancement of the media and academic elites and the freedom to burn, loot and destroy, maybe they want grovelling and crawling?
    https://twitter.com/shaggie_tweets/s...461007872?s=21
    Or maybe they want to be at the head of some Manson-esque cult (second video down): https://twitter.com/selfdeclaredref/...11752462843904

Much of this must be being engineered by higher powers, as the mainstream media will not lift a finger against BLM. Quite frankly, the participants in BLM are far too stupid to have engineered this all by themselves. Why else is the message being spread by everyone from the Archbishop of Canterbury to Nigella Lawson that all white people are complicit in racism and bestowed with a privilege they cannot shed. The homeless whites, the white girls inducted into Asian rape gangs, the whites who are killed in war before they turn 20 - they all benefit from a privilege in a way that no black man ever could. There's some prejudice going on there, for sure.

Here's what I think. Innocent German and British civilians were casualties of opposing sides in the Second World War. Today, we will shake hands gladly. At the same time, America and Japan both committed atrocities against one another. Now, American/Japanese relations are fantastic, at least if the car and bike scenes are anything to go by. The fact that whites had black slaves 200 years ago (which they bought from black slave traders anyhow) is not a barrier to our friendship today and, as someone who has never been a slave owner, I feel no guilt for a group of people who have never been enslaved. I'll be friends with anyone based on the content of their character, but I would expect the same from them in return.

If the BLM lot don't like the way white people run a country, I can really recommend life in Zimbabwe or, perhaps in a few years time, South Africa. They could make a living as a farmer, since I gather white farmer's aren't quite so en vogue over there. But they want do that, because America and Britain are actually much better places than the pits of disease, violence and corruption that they or their parents were so desperate to get away from, and will only cease to be so if they actually succeed in turning our countries into a replica of a Third World warzone.

You know, Marty, we blew it.
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 03-06-2020 at 22:03.
    Wanted! Back issues of Street Machine, American Car World/American Car and Classic American. Please PM.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    You are right,but you gotta know a lot of people or be popular to get you're work like that.id guess nearly all mine now comes from FB.

Yella fella.

I've never really got protests.i guess that's not my nature.i do however see the irony in most of them.

We've seen the anti capitalist ones where they smash up McDonald's while communicating on Apple phones wearing Nike trainers.

Wonder how long befor we get riots over here
    Riots here in the UK are possibly very close - protests earlier today at Downing Street were starting to look 'nasty'......
    Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information