Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullit mustang

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

CoolBullit mustang

so the infamous bullit mustang sells at mecum kissimmi auction for $3.4million , amazing what the king of cool & a spectacular car chase scene will to do the value of a rusty clapped out s code 390/4spd fastback .

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people have more money than sense.
    Screw EU

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, what about the crashed and burned out charger , easy to replicate , no one would ever know

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, theyll be disappointed if they try and relive the driving style with that shuddering axle tramp!!

As an aside i just saw a Shelby Mustang (uk based) with £200k in its refurb.

I would dearly love to have had a Mustang over the years, properbucket list,just a 66 with V8.
    But, the bad guy menacing Charger givesme goose bumps.
    Last edited by Kustom Jim; 11-01-2020 at 07:50.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Yeah, theyll be disappointed if they try and relive the driving style with that shuddering axle tramp!!

As an aside i just saw a Shelby Mustang (uk based) with £200k in its refurb.

I would dearly love to have had a Mustang over the years, properbucket list,just a 66 with V8.
    But, the bad guy menacing Charger givesme goose bumps.
    Yes, a fastback 289 Mustang was always on my bucket list, too. Whilst I loved the Bullitt one, I really fancied the earlier Highland Green one in Spenser for Hire. Even if I had the cash, I'd find it hard to justify these days, but then certainly at the moment it seems like money in the bank.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing was worth $70K if you really wanted that car.,,,I wouldn't, not with a truck engine 390 in it
    This sort of junk is on its last Hail Mary pass through auction houses.
    Dirty cash is whats keeping the value up on "certain" stuff while the owners "get out".

Im suprised it didn't turn "left" into the auction crowd when it left the block, its what Mustangs seem to do LOL

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    these days you could buy a really nice s code 4 speed fastback for around $55k to $65k around here , that thing would struggle to get $10k if it was,nt attached to Steve McQueen & the film, I,ve owned loads of fastbacks over the yrs including a 3 yr old boss 429 when I still lived in the uk , they are okay cars but nothing special (other than the 429 boss only made for 2 yrs very low production) & vastly overpriced , I,d rather have a 69 cougar ragtop for less money better looking & nicer interiors in my humble opinion , having worked in the classic car auction world for over 20 yrs I,d be willing to gamble dana mecum guaranteed the owner a certain sum of money & waved the entry fee for him to get the consignment & all the hoopla surrounding the car rather than let it go to barret Jackson next week , on another note I owned the 428 cobra jet cougar convert briefly back in the day from the bond film ohmss , it was first registered by the studio in 1968 & on a g plate so a very early car , when I wanted to sell it nobody gave a **** that it was a bond car & pretty rare being a big block cobra jet convertible all I kept getting was know-all,s telling me it was a 68 not a 69 although we all knew there was no convertible in the 68 body style, the car was mint at the time , given all of that today at auction it would easily be a six figure car .

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Hi Ray, i have a list of cars you where offering for sale in 2001, (ian connor passed it over to me when i bought my 65 fairlane off him) it had 67 68 mustang coupes for £4500 landed in uk and fastbacks for £8500.
    I did get an offer through him from you of a 1 owner 67 coupe with original paint and 47k on the clock for £4700. But i was £600 short and snoozed and lost out.
    Will have to scan that list and post it up on here

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYS CLASSICS.COM View Post
    so the infamous bullit mustang sells at mecum kissimmi auction for $3.4million , amazing what the king of cool & a spectacular car chase scene will to do the value of a rusty clapped out s code 390/4spd fastback .
    Are you saying I paid too much?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    Are you saying I paid too much?
    There’s an old saying in the car game YOU DID,NT PAY TOO MUCH YOU JUST BOUGHT IT TOO EARLY !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information