Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  43
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume this little ****s scummy parents dont own cars or a TV? etc etc....what brings the food to their table?.....a truck that runs on derv i'm guessing....hypocritical fkn scumbags, no more than that, I would like to meet those fkn idiots I'd paint the ****s into a corner within 5 seconds

68roadrunner

2. Likesv8.jimmy, denby liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    A thought occurred to me last night , if we all had thermal heating (ie all sucked heat out of the ground) then maybe the Earth would be cooler a little bit so then the ice packs won't melt therefore the seas won't rise.....

Any way what a laod of ****** , they have been keeping records of weather for a couple of hundred years which is not even a nano second of the Earths time so how the hell they can say Global warming is beyond me !!! So the earth spins at exactly the same orientation constantly while it orbits the sun so is always in the same spot at the same time each year in that case???? Hmmm

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    they can go back over 10000 years infact even further , and tell what the climate was like .. and pretty much were in a period of pretty average temperature , neither hot or cold in the big scheme of things .. However if we travel back in time when things were 4 degrees warmer than they are now, about the time the pyramids were constructed , things were actually pretty good.. so good infact that it was more or less the birth of agriculture amoungst many other great things for the human race..

Ice ages came and went .. then in the 17th century a minor ice age they seem to think on some camps that was the result of some pretty significant volcanic eruptions but thats a new theory.. During that period there were significant increases in the ice .. There are record that imply the destruction of homes in switserland due to the inceease mass of ice .. Then surprise surprise, it melts back again.. and repeat ..

There are 33000 polar bears recorded just now fitter and fatter than ever ... Sure some seem to wander into inuit towns on the edge of the tundra OR have the humans encroached into the Polar bears territory...

Green land was so called because surprise surprise IT WAS GREEN and not covered in thick ice .. it comes and goes there as well ... Unlike antartica there are cold and warm seasons in the North pole In spring the ice melts and rivers flow across the surface and big chunks of ice crash into the sea .. all normal

so far in the big scheme of things despite the industrial revolution the average temp if less than half a degree warmer than the coolest pre industrial period 1850 to 1900.. the base line the IPCC take there stats from and the period where all the flawed climate models stem .. there have been warmer periods in between ..

The graphs look bad but the sweeping lines represent only fractions of degrees ... Its all bull **** ..

If the UK were to adopt a green energy policy, exactly one half of the UK would have to be covered in windmills with further area covered in solar panels ..

Thats a fact since its pretty easy to calculate the output of a windmill per square meter , that number is 2.5kwh per m2 against 1000kwh per m2 for nuclear energy.. so 500 windmills and the area that covers against 1m2 for neuclear. no brainer ... now the UK needs and average of 4000kwhs per household per year ... x thirty million homes ( and growing) then add on commercial and industry ... basically wind and solar are a sham... but fine if your getting subsadies form tax payers ...

FACT green energy is adding to the cost of your energy bills ..

I could go on .. and on and on... wife says I do lol... its become a bit of a hobby negating all the current bull**** on climate change .. Yes it is changing , it always has and it always will but were very very very far from the eve of destruction, were more likely to be wiped out by a giant meteor ... and thats not gonna happen either ..

6. Likesv8.jimmy, denby liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick example of energy saving costs .. and why you dont need a smart meter ..

We all know its cheaper to boil a cup of water than a kettle full but if you boiled a kettle full you will be around £7 ( over and above the cost of boiling it anyway ) more per year on your energy bill .. If you have 10 cups of tea every day that figure will change lol.. but if you just filled the kettle once and boiled it 6 times it will get cheaper lol

I know pensioners who have smart meters that are sitting freezing and parched as they are scared to put the heating on or boil the kettle for a cup of tea as each time they do the power needle swings to the red ... and they panic.. its a scandal
    Last edited by redoxide; 05-12-2019 at 22:33.

8. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    got to stop posting this **** on car forums lol..
    Last edited by redoxide; 06-12-2019 at 01:37.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    100 years ago they were talking about this subject ,, coincidentaly just as the planet was exiting a global minamum temperature , and coincidentaly the minimum temperature from which all climate models emanate , basically a false start but why worry about minor issues .

If you want to find out the thinking from back then here is a paper ( based mostly on assumptions ) written by no other than a descendant of Ms Thunberg ... now thats some coincidence eh !!

This is the basis of your global warming movement and they havent moved on..

https://www.friendsofscience.org/ass...6,%20final.pdf

And 100 years later the science still hasn't been bottomed out and were not significantly warmer ? hey ho,

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by redoxide; 06-12-2019 at 02:05.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 352 kum View Post
    the biggest problem is the same as its always been MONEY!
    nice little earner for the tax man
    My wife says I never listen to her.....at least I think that's what she said.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!

you are all entitled to your opinions
    and you are entitled to live your life using whatever energy sources are available to you.
    but your not entitled to facts.

the term global warming is a bit misleading. yes the average temperature around the world is increasing.
    but that warming at the ice packs of the north and south melt the permanent snow and ice there and they can and do turn the local oceans colder as they the melt pushes the water further south.

someone said the polar bears are fat and happier than ever. no there not. i lived in Manitoba where the polar bears live in the northern part of the province. they are becoming increasingly nuisance and danger to the residents of Churchill as they increasingly come into town looking for food. they come because the ice has melted away and they cant get to the food sources.

the north west passage is now open 12 months of the year.
    glaciers are melting away all over the world.
    Winnipeg used to get weeks of night time low of -40C. they rarely see that as a once a year low now.
    there is a huge nation sized chunk of ice in the antarctic about to break off because its warmer there.

where is the science that rebuts climate change?

in the late 50's and 60's smoking was coming under scrutiny for its harmful effects.
    the cigarette makers advertised things like " more doctors smoke camel's than any other brand"
    facing a sever downturn in the industry and loss of money the makers employed "scientists" to conduct study's and show scientifically that smoking was not just not bad for you, but in some cases it was good for you.

now the oil companies are employing scientists to do similar studies on climate change.
    what do you think DR. Doolittle's conclusions will be when he turns over his study to shell oil who paid for that study?

what do you think is happening to all the contaminants we pump into the atmosphere and where are they going?

and its not just climate change.
    we are destroying our clean water the world over with pesticides, industrial waste and garbage.

lets just pretend that there is no climate change happening.
    if we move to more cleaner sources of energy then nothing changes. you live happily ever after.
    but if we dont move to cleaner more renewable energy and there really is (and there really is) climate change happening, you younger people, my children and my grandchildren will suffer much more difficult lives because we as a globe stuck our head in the ground.

yes i love my classic car and its burning of oil.
    no i dont want to stop using it.
    but yes, i want cleaner energy. i want us to reverse the climate change.
    sent from my Commodore vic 32

15. Likescougarv8 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information