Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  43
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    We as western more modern countries might do recyling, and try to reduce our carbon emissions , but the likes of indonesia , China, India, Russia all big industrialised nations don't and won't, catch 22 the likes of indo and China do huge business with us , and we demand that they supply us with goods cheaper than we produce and in order to keep there manufacturing costs down waste products are at the bottom of there lists? if they complied costs would rise , we wouldn't buy them and on and on it goes...

2. LikesBig Joe liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    We as western more modern countries might do recyling, and try to reduce our carbon emissions , but the likes of indonesia , China, India, Russia all big industrialised nations don't and won't, catch 22 the likes of indo and China do huge business with us , and we demand that they supply us with goods cheaper than we produce and in order to keep there manufacturing costs down waste products are at the bottom of there lists? if they complied costs would rise , we wouldn't buy them and on and on it goes...
    Great, make the ****ers comply, make their **** goods dearer, manufacture the stuff here, it may be dearer but it's better...or used to be anyways lol

5. Likesmygasser, Big Joe, denby liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtr3 View Post
    WOW!

you are all entitled to your opinions
    and you are entitled to live your life using whatever energy sources are available to you.
    but your not entitled to facts.

the term global warming is a bit misleading. yes the average temperature around the world is increasing.
    but that warming at the ice packs of the north and south melt the permanent snow and ice there and they can and do turn the local oceans colder as they the melt pushes the water further south.

someone said the polar bears are fat and happier than ever. no there not. i lived in Manitoba where the polar bears live in the northern part of the province. they are becoming increasingly nuisance and danger to the residents of Churchill as they increasingly come into town looking for food. they come because the ice has melted away and they cant get to the food sources.

the north west passage is now open 12 months of the year.
    glaciers are melting away all over the world.
    Winnipeg used to get weeks of night time low of -40C. they rarely see that as a once a year low now.
    there is a huge nation sized chunk of ice in the antarctic about to break off because its warmer there.

where is the science that rebuts climate change?

in the late 50's and 60's smoking was coming under scrutiny for its harmful effects.
    the cigarette makers advertised things like " more doctors smoke camel's than any other brand"
    facing a sever downturn in the industry and loss of money the makers employed "scientists" to conduct study's and show scientifically that smoking was not just not bad for you, but in some cases it was good for you.

now the oil companies are employing scientists to do similar studies on climate change.
    what do you think DR. Doolittle's conclusions will be when he turns over his study to shell oil who paid for that study?

what do you think is happening to all the contaminants we pump into the atmosphere and where are they going?

and its not just climate change.
    we are destroying our clean water the world over with pesticides, industrial waste and garbage.

lets just pretend that there is no climate change happening.
    if we move to more cleaner sources of energy then nothing changes. you live happily ever after.
    but if we dont move to cleaner more renewable energy and there really is (and there really is) climate change happening, you younger people, my children and my grandchildren will suffer much more difficult lives because we as a globe stuck our head in the ground.

yes i love my classic car and its burning of oil.
    no i dont want to stop using it.
    but yes, i want cleaner energy. i want us to reverse the climate change.

All I can say, and dont take this personally but you appear to live in California .. California, the state where everything , EVERYTHING carries a cancer warning .. If they could individually label molecules they too would quite possibly carry a risk of cancer warning..

The argument regarding scientific truths and association with industry backers runs true for renuables too. there are ( $ ) 18 trillion reasons for them to support renewable energy solutions.. Its a big industry with lots of financial reward..

There is evidence and good science to support changes in climate but there is hard physical evidence and equally credible science supporting its nothing new. Lets see how people including the virtue signalers deal with blackouts limited energy supplies power cuts, high energy bills and increased taxes . and what the next emergency will be when they get CO2 to ZERO

Does an increase in population and a decrease in reliable energy supply make sense .. Perhaps if there were less consumerism that would decrease the carbon footprint of humans .. Do people need new cars every couple of years .. Funny enough plenty climate worriers like there latest upgrades , cars, phones, clothes, computers, etc etc etc People should be thinking about modifying there consumerism , bring that down and you reduce carbon deposits if your genuinely worried about them.. Walk your kids to school, or the old school idea, Car Pool.. yeh that went down well .. Forcing change by desimating energy supplies isnt the answer , especially when people still expect there goodies ...

Neuclear energy is clean and produces a plentiful supply for minimal land area .. and you dont have to destroy forests, landscapes, marine life, or icebergs .. There is no need to use plutonium thats 50 tech, Thorium could be an alternative. An easy to access natural element available worldwide without ripping up salt flats for lithium and the energy required to extract lithium from the mined deposits ..

You see, im not anti climate , Im all for preserving the planet and its atmosphere but not by using fear tactics and intimidation and exploitation of children..
    Last edited by redoxide; 06-12-2019 at 22:25.

7. LikesAKGOFF, denby liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh! What about the forests!!!!

I am very sceptical about the human races ability to have any great impact going carbon neutral only.

If it truly was a globally uniting immediate threat then far more serious/radical steps should be setting up RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE DEVASTATION OF FORESTS AROUND THE WORLD SINCE THE 1970s (when McDonald's first opened!?) For beef and crops has not been stopped by either subsidies or FORCE!

The West going green is deck chairs on Titanic. Flaura and fauna are imo the most important and precious thing currently on earth. Thus if we keep abusing them then I don't think 'we' really care long term.

I've not gone all tree hugger just ****ed off that we can have it all ish if we get the balance right. Right, I'm off to Westonbirt to breathe
    Last edited by Kustom Jim; 07-12-2019 at 07:33.
    "We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again."

9. LikesBig Joe liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest threat is population in general. At the beginning of the industrial revolution there were an estimated one billion people on earth. Now there are nearly eight billion, that is where the problem lies. The deforestation, mining and mass agriculture that is ruining the planet is to feed, cloth and house all these people (and make some of them very rich)

11. Likesdenby, mygasser, JackGriffin liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    And all this stuff has to come halfway round the world on ships that burn unbelievable quantities of dirty fuel (no cat or egr valve on a container ship)'if you fly over the channel you won't believe how many ships there are out there...

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody ever discusses there are just too many people on this planet and most of them in countries that are unable to support and feed them all.

14. Likesmygasser, Torment liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The population argument has been raised but its routinely dashed .. no profit in a declining population.. but population control if thats the right description, would be a start, China did it years ago , look at them now .. they lifted the restrictions recently .. quite possibly to populate there current industrial revolution. ?

Back in 1973 they had a campaign with the slogan "plant a tree in 73" anybody else remember that... the idea being to green the UK ... Now they class trees as RENEWABLES .. and 7000 tons a week are incinerated at BRAX power station, much of those imported from the USA !!!

Add to that the commonality of log burners in folks homes, renewable wood will run out soon enough..

@ kustom Jim, Your right Jim, to suit the needs of many they destroy forestation innthe name of farming , rip up the natural habitat and pland palms for palm oil Avacados, almonds, and probably some fancy beans and pulses to suit.the diets of veggies and vegans and whatever fruity fad it flavour of the moment.. promoted by some half baked eco influencial sudo celebrity ( another group that have to much say in society these days )

Everything is blamed on climate change forced by humans and some of it is but a lot of the **** happening thats blamed on the climate has nothing to do with climate ..

People interfere with stuff they should leave alone like the flow of rivers, amoungs other things .. Rivers twist and turn naturally, they do so to control there own flow to suit increases and decreases in volume in turn they controll there own speed and and flow.. by chaning direction and carving out a new path but we interfere , forcing rivers to take a parth thats not natural in nature ...

Increased volume is also forced , more housing on brown sites to accomodate population increase requires man made drainage ... so we lay hundreds of thousaands of tons of concrete eliminating a natural sokaway, and direct the surface water to man made drains that exit to river courses on top of the natural increase during wet weather and its no surprise there is flooding, especially when you add the managed river banks ... somthings got to give ... We interfere ad **** things up.. the climate, is much more adept that managing itself than we are of managing it..

Its not a case of not being sympahetic to the state of the planet and its atmosphere, its the ******** way splinter activists force an agenda that really doesnt address the problem..

Is tere any science to sugest that imigration could cause an imballance to the eco systems in some areas .. ? lets say a small town in the south builds 2000 new homes to support the growing population . That housing estate is built on what was 100 acres or green fields ... The natural surface is ripped up, concrete foundations and paid roads are constructed and efficient drains are built in .. then as if by magic the village down the road is flooded .. ( over simplified but think about it ) Then , lay more concrete and tar ao build a 500 turbine wind farm on te side of a hill, Does that reduce the efectiveness of the natural drainage ?? Encourage windfarms and you lay more concreate, where does the run off go.. Just something thatys crossed my mind

Im kinda sounding like a closet enviromentalist , sometimes I think I give it more thought that the climate warriors who simply blame everything on co2 and climate change ..

A funny thing I saw the other day,, kids and adults were asked what people should do with used batteries, pretty much all of them answered recylce .. Basically an automatic response expected of people who have been brainwashed .. im not saying they shouldnt recycle them its the next question thats interesting

So they all said recycle, the next question was do you know what in a battery ..

Not one single person knew what was in a battery but they all knew it was dangerous, poisonous, noxious and generally bad for you .. because just like the word recycle, that what they had been told ... simply repeating the same old narative ..

None of them knew the average alkaline battery had nothing sinister in it , indeed, the contents of a AAA are spread as fertaliser and other mineral are used in medicines ... and the metal covering is equaly bio degradeable

Zinc, manganese, potassium and sodium hydroxide ... nothing there that will destroy the planet, its in us its in the soil ... Its that fear factor and intimidation that ****es me off .. Of course some are dangerous but not all .. being selective as I was with my example isnt helpfull, its the selective nature of the climate activists thats a problem.. you only ever here the worst..

Just hearing the same old bull**** repeated again and again gets kinda dull ... If people are gonna ram that down your throat they should immediately qualify it with the science .. good science not speculation and figures based on guess work and hearsay
    Last edited by redoxide; 07-12-2019 at 21:50.

16. Likescougarv8 liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thik what Im trying to say is , just because you dont follow the same old narative doesnt mean you dont care , It just needs more thought than the narrow minded and repetative crap thats repeated add infinitum to scare people into action.. thats not the right way to go about things but it FORCES change that could come back to bite us ..

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    or, instead of moaning about what the planet will be like for your children and grandchildren- don't have kids, or have one less. imagine the saving in garbage, plastic, energy, resources.....

19. Likesredoxide, denby liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information