Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some councils offer a scheme for Local Landlords called "property solutions" or similar,where they offer a one or two year rental agreement on your property, figures in Essex are roughly - £500 for a one bed £650 for a two bed £850 for a three bed, flat or house makes no difference, there is also one off bonus payments of £1000 for one year contract or £1500 for two year contracts, there are T&Cs but they guarantee the rent and the property is returned to you as bought at the end of the contract if required, some councils in London now offer several £K per year bonuses to landlords due to lack of housing. Just thought I'd let you know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    seems to me local council have no housing stock and this is the way they want it. Sell off the land, backhander for planning permission, construction companies profit and private landlords take all the risk. Council has a budget controlled centrally to house people, when the money runs out so does their responsibility to house people in the borough.

What seriously ****es me off is people still allowed to buy their council house at a discounted rate. Why would that still be allowed when stock is at an all time low ?. Family who live two doors down, son took over the mothers tenancy and once the council had done all the windows, soffetts, guttering, garage doors and fencing he bought it at a discount, outright no mortgage. Also has new boiler and bathroom year before.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting,never seen that.The people renting now are a working couple,whose house caught fire,so insurance paying rent.
    it always appears to many that its easy money but can be a total pain.
    I'll not describe the filth left behind by the single woman and her 12 year old son !

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delivery53 View Post
    Interesting,never seen that.The people renting now are a working couple,whose house caught fire,so insurance paying rent.
    it always appears to many that its easy money but can be a total pain.
    I'll not describe the filth left behind by the single woman and her 12 year old son !
    I think "Can't Pay, We'll Take it Away" has enlightened many, I'm glued to that whenever it's on, love it. Always left shocked at how these people get away with it and are so brazen when it comes to money they owe. If I didn't pay my mortgage, i'd be out on my arse in no time, but withhold rent on some sketchy complaint, frustrate the court process and they get away with it. Amazing that their housing need becomes the council ergo societies problem but a landlord defrauded of what is potentially their only income is "just" a civil matter ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WB54 View Post
    seems to me local council have no housing stock and this is the way they want it. Sell off the land, backhander for planning permission, construction companies profit and private landlords take all the risk. Council has a budget controlled centrally to house people, when the money runs out so does their responsibility to house people in the borough.

What seriously ****es me off is people still allowed to buy their council house at a discounted rate. Why would that still be allowed when stock is at an all time low ?. Family who live two doors down, son took over the mothers tenancy and once the council had done all the windows, soffetts, guttering, garage doors and fencing he bought it at a discount, outright no mortgage. Also has new boiler and bathroom year before.
    Indeed, "right to buy" was really short term gain for long term pain, and should stop immediately. councils are also unaware of how many properties in their area owned by private landlords are leased to other authorities outside of their area, sometimes hundreds of miles away and viese versa, it really is an absolute shambles with genuine needs of families ignored.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information