Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Daily Driver Safety Recall

I have just had a safety recall notice through regarding my daily driver something about the gas in the airbags and if I take it to a Ford dealer they will sort it out free of charge.
    Nothing unusual about that except that my daily driver is a 15 year old Ranger pickup!
    I didn’t think that the “duty of care” extended that long so fair play to Ford. I wonder how old a car would have to be before they would totally wash their hands...

Hey does that mean I will get another notice saying they will be fitting a new body shell to my 55 year old Zodiac due to premature corrosion problems?.........(I thought not)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering the costs of the lawsuits for airbag problems, it's cheap insurance for Ford.
    https://www.autoairbagsettlement.com/Ford/en

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I owned a 2001 (I think it was) Ford F150 Lightning a few years back I had a recall to change the straps that hold the fuel tank on due to some cases of corrosion and letting the tank drop.
    It was well over 10 years old and closer to 15 , and like yourselves I was amazed at Fords duty of care on such an old truck.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    BMW did similar with e46 3 series. Some were 2001/02 models

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Yes, my brother has just had his 2001 330d recalled.
    Lad i worked with had his 55 plate S4 audi recalled for coil packs and they switched all 8 out for free!!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie shovelheadrob's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella f100 View Post
    When I owned a 2001 (I think it was) Ford F150 Lightning a few years back I had a recall to change the straps that hold the fuel tank on due to some cases of corrosion and letting the tank drop.
    It was well over 10 years old and closer to 15 , and like yourselves I was amazed at Fords duty of care on such an old truck.
    They're still honouring the tank strap recall, I had the CPS replaced on my '00 F350 along with a modified wiring loom for the cruise control a couple of years ago too. My local Ford dealer just ordered the parts from Ford USA & they got paid for the labour.

Official RnS Addict chevrolet50's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a customer a while back whose insurance company did not pay out because of an outstanding safety recall that he ignored!!

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2006 bmw with a recall notice local dealer is doing ,it no charge, the last Cadillac my wife drove had a recall on the ign switch every time I called the dealer I was told they had no parts I,d be put on the list & they'd call me when they had the new part never heard from them & never had it fixed , the odo on my 2004 chevy truck stuck at 55mph & oil pressure gauge failed at 19,000 miles & less than two years old the dealer told me" its a common problem with this year but no recall" , they wanted to charge me $800 to change the dash cluster my mate was a lead mechanic at a chevy dealership he fixed it for less than $200 in a couple of hrs .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information