Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get mad get even ....

When we were down in Newquay at the SCC run I ended up with my debit card being refused after I'd just filled my tank up. Luckily had cash to get me off there and went to a hole in the wall to find out what had happened.

Anyway ,massively overdrawn as I wrote a cheque for my Dads care home fees ( just on £3000 for 1 month!! but that's a whole other post ) on my account not his. So hands up... totally my own fault .

I then spent 3 hours on the phone trying to get the 'helpful' bank to actually help me . They had absolutely no idea I had any other cards or cash with me and to the best of their knowledge I was skint and 240 miles from home.

I won't bore you with the details but I ended up without access to any money for over 8 days even though I put in a cheque to cover the care home fees.

For all of this I also had the pleasure of being charged £45 .

I complained ,which also took to long for them to deal with ,told them how bad they were , the situation they left me in etc etc .

I also had the pleasure of telling them what con artists the entire banking system was ( not that the poor bloke I was talking to had any control over that ) and how this whole 4 days for cheques to clear was a farce in this computer day and age and used to extort money from people.

I got my fees refunded, my phone bill paid and £50 compensation out of them when they spoke to me yesterday to deal with it. So its always worth complaing and not being fobbed off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i reckon someone told em bout how many good mates you had,, eh kev,
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice one
    Everything is an interference fit. I interfere with it till it fits!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    banks. biggest organised crime in the world.
    teach your children to think, not what to think.
    I am different, just like you.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think that's bad ,the woman I look after her nurse and herself had there cards locked on a boat on the Nile as the security computer flagged them,no phone bank would talk to me to get them unlocked.Had to send money to them direct,all the bank says is sorry,also had mine locked in spain,this type of thing has come up on watchdog ,always take cash now.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Kev !

Not so much a banking story but still concerning money....
    Filled the tank up last Sat' at Tescos. Being more then a bit broke right now, wife went to put it on her credit card, only to be told that they dont take credit cards anymore........say WHAT ??
    My wife said she didnt have any cash and the tank is filled so, (in a louder voice) you BETTER FIND a way to take a credit card. After 10mins holding up the line, they made some calls and got it done.
    How crazy is this, what if you were a tourist from another county and only had a credit card to use on your holiday ?

Sad to say that you have to raise your voice when comes to YOUR money !!

And I'm sure there a million other stories to be told when it comes to banking and such.
    High tec rods.....elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    A small tip. After having my creditcard/bank card blocked last year in the USA; "it was an odd transaction from an odd place" according to the bloke I spoke to. Vegas is odd, but stopping the purchase of an "odd" pair of Levi's......? Anyway, this year I went online (HSBC) where you can tell them that you're going out of the country and where, so when a card transaction comes in from X, it doesn't get blocked (or shouldn't). Worked fine on this year's Vegas/LA trip. If I get burgled, HSBC will be prime suspects.

Banks are still a bunch of crooks though

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information