Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dvla

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

dvla

just been on dvla web site to see about declaring sorn on a bike i got last year as i had read that sorn is non transferrable and i dont want a fine govt gets enough out of me in road tax an fuel duty. now this bike is tax exempt so dont really know how this works but liability not due until october this year but web site says i cant do it and have to go to licencing office/post office with log book mot and insurance which it dont have the latter two as it as been off the road for last three years doh!! bloody goverment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Exceeded sell by date Plumpcars's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did one a few weeks back which had been offroad for 4 years.
    Download a SORN application form from the net and send it off to the DVLA. Mine was at the same time as the logbook changed owners. If you did the V5 last year, and do the SORN application now, they will fine you for the gap between them. SORN is not transferable.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I can't see why you'd need (yet) insurance for when you declare a vehicle is off the road
    Meep Meep.
    My Intro

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You obviously don't need insurance and MOT to declare SORN. You should be able to get it registered as SORN at your Post Office. However if the bike was off the road before '98 then you won't be able to SORN it anyway, even if you realy REALLY want to...I've tried.

AS has ben said SORN is non transferable and they could fin eyou . They tride to fine afriend who had a car in his name ,but no SORN , for 5 years, supposed to be £80 a month . I helped him point out to them that with all their " we're watching you, there's no escaping it " ads that he woudl have paid and SORN'd immediately had he received the first fine and so it was really there failing not his .He didn't get fined.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies, went along to local dvla office which is only two minutes from where i work spoke to a nice lady there now the log book for said bike says not licensed so she looked at it went off to ask a superior came back and said it doesent need sorn until next time its taxed also whilst i was looking at the v5 they have cocked up an put that the last keeper had the bike since 1946 when it was registered so according to log book its now a one owner from new thinking later i wish i had got it in writing tho.

Official RnS Addict UK RUSS 1960 OLDS's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus57 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, went along to local dvla office which is only two minutes from where i work spoke to a nice lady there now the log book for said bike says not licensed so she looked at it went off to ask a superior came back and said it doesent need sorn until next time its taxed also whilst i was looking at the v5 they have cocked up an put that the last keeper had the bike since 1946 when it was registered so according to log book its now a one owner from new thinking later i wish i had got it in writing tho.

Hi marcus57,

I think you may find that it is 1 Previous owner since 1946, with you being the second owner.

Cheers.

Russ.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea sorry im the second owner according to the new log book. just dug the photo copy of the last one an that says no former keepers. four on the old buff one tho.

Official RnS Addict UK RUSS 1960 OLDS's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus57 View Post
    yea sorry im the second owner according to the new log book. just dug the photo copy of the last one an that says no former keepers. four on the old buff one tho.

Hi marcus57,

I think i would be happy with that. Just goes to show how efficient DVLA are as usual when updating paperwork.

Cheers.

Russ.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information