Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ebay

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    As said, unfortunately, it's weighted in favour of the buyer as I know to my cost. However, I was selling some new old stock stuff for a Fiat where I'd put part numbers etc. Buyer said stuff was wrong, I made my case to ebay and they found in my favour as I'd put such a clear description.

Another thing that bugs me, is where the punter doesn't read the listing where you've said cash on collection and pays by PayPal even though they're collecting as in Craig's case. B****y annoying as you end up having to pay their mad fees on top of the ebay ones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    Have you got this on email? If so you have a chance.
    no

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    This happens a lot. The arseholes end up getting their money back and keep the part because its too much hassle for the seller to arrange collection as the buyer wont pay for postage and send it back. And are always not available when a courier tries to arrange to collect.
    I had it happen and said i would call and collect, ( a set of micrometers he said "he could not calibrate") bloke **** himself when i turned up at his workshop 130 mile away from my house (was on a trip to a suppliers nearby) he was actually using them when he said he had them packed in the box waiting collection on his refund request with paypal.
    He had the cheek to say "its ok i will end the case now" no chance pal, gathered them up and took them off him and dragged it out with ebay and paypal as long as i could before refunding his money only and not the postage.
    That was my only win with dodgy buyers and only cos i went to his place.

5. Likeskapri, billynoneck liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does this "e bay " rant come up so often?, its been going 25 years...if you dont know what to expect....dont use it, its THAT simple in my World.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If i get payed by paypal against my wishes i just send it back, best solution
    If quitters never win, and winners never cheat, then who is the fool who said "Quit while you're ahead"

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 68roadrunner View Post
    Why does this "e bay " rant come up so often?, its been going 25 years...if you dont know what to expect....dont use it, its THAT simple in my World.
    Well to be fair, it isn't a rant and not in the rant section, the guy is asking for advice in his question. probably the first time he has had a problem selling stuff and wondering where he stands.
    like you say, we all know the risks of ebay. but that's not what he is asking.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mate, EVERYBODY knows what a risk e bay is..... as long as they have not lived under a rock for 25years. Its wrong, but so are most things in this ass backwards World we now live in.

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    True and I'm not trying to fall out with anyone. ebay can be good sometimes and then **** mostly for people who are genuinely trying to sell second hand stuff. its the double shaft you get off them and paypal when you get messed about and the terms are they can actually pull money out of your account, I bet this guy doesn't know that's whats going to happen next.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not matter how much we discuss the rights and wrongs & ifs and buts of this, Ebay will still side with the buyer. End of.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weldtech View Post
    Well to be fair, it isn't a rant and not in the rant section, the guy is asking for advice in his question. probably the first time he has had a problem selling stuff and wondering where he stands.
    like you say, we all know the risks of ebay. but that's not what he is asking.
    EXACTLY RIGHT YOU ARE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information