Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

ebay listing price scam ?

Been looking at a particular item , the ones on ebay are mostly in the states with stupid postage, then I seen some listed as in UK warehouses 3 day delivery, Chinese sellers UK VAT numbers both sellers very high score rating with good feedback
    I wanted to make sure it would fit before buying , the price was half of the ones in the states so I put it on my watch list
    Had another look a couple of days later and the price had dropped to half, me thinking I had got it wrong the first time thought no more about it
    Had a look last night and it had halfed again , now the price is so low it cannot be true so I messaged the seller to confirm , got instant reply the office had closed for weekend and they would reply when back to work on Monday
    Listing also states accept paypal only which you have protection , scammers usually have 0 to low score and ask for cash or bank transfer
    Too good to be true , I will see what reply I get on Monday , Oh I did ask if the listing was for the full kit or just 1 piece

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    you got a link.
    a lot of them now have stuff sent from a uk based warehouse.getting more normal.

they all sell the same parts.my guess is they work from home in china as sellers of just about anything,but don't stock anything themselves.

I have a few bits from Chinese sellers(because sometimes there isn't an alternative now) and they all come with the same part numbers and packaging.

all the americans,and brits do is add on a couple of hundred percent mark up.

its unbelievably cheap in china,stuff is made for penny,s
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's called Drop Shipping . You can sell and take the profit without ever seeing the product .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_shipping

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drop shipping from China though, it's normally the other way round unless iv read the post wrong

Noticed Amazon does the same with dropping prices while having an item on the wish list in the past, although it can go up too lol

Have you got a link to the item

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    All looks genuine to me, if its paid by paypal I am protected , price has come down from £15 to £5 would cost me about £90 from the USA with postage and duty for what looks like the same make , I was just concerned about paypal account being scammed

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dave 62 pb View Post
    All looks genuine to me, if its paid by paypal I am protected , price has come down from £15 to £5 would cost me about £90 from the USA with postage and duty for what looks like the same make , I was just concerned about paypal account being scammed
    As long as it is a genuine paypal account - paid through the paypal app or site then even if it turns out badly Paypal will refund you. I've had issues with sellers in the past and Paypal always come down on my side and repay the cash.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The parts arrived today just 3 days after placing order , 27 piece garage roller hinge kit for panel door
    17 hinges and 10 bearing /nylon wheels on shafts , the quality of the hinges is not bad (no play )
    the rollers are very good , the shafts were a little sloppy in the hinge so I put a nylon sleeve in the hole now shaft is a nice push fit
    So 2 x door kits for £13 delivered , don't know how the hell they do it but I am happy

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Few years ago I was looking for door locks and keys for my RR, Ebay search came up with a clothing factory in China!! wtf,?
    I scrolled down and sure enough in between kids school clothes, Womens evening dresses etc etc...there was, 2 fkn locks and keys, wtf again! LOL..shipping was dated 2 months because it was Dec...£5.18 inc postage, took the gamble, got my mate to order them and they arrived right on time and were great quality
    ....same locks are now $65 each from rip off America and their fkn postal scams

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information