Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Econo drags

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WB54 View Post
    With regards to entry fees and safety regs. For us an MSA meeting is only marginally dearer than a RWYB. Obviously you can get knocked out in MSA but on the flipside you could win prize money. The safety regs are there for a reason, the only gripe I have with them in the reliance on SFI spec driver wear. Because of this the suits are virtually double the price of FIA spec suits, same goes for boots and gloves etc.
    A RWYB is typically £10 entry + £25 signing on fee for (generally) as many runs as you can get in.

Pro Et is in the region of £135 entry + £50 for electric whether you want it or not.

I wasn't knocking the safety regs, just pointing out that your car has to meet them...unlike a RWYBer.

I assume that WB cars are tagged to a speed like (for example) Deb's Pro Et car?

The race wear is a bone of contention with a great many racers I think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict ROCKIN WOLEY's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the responce that I was hoping for and everybody that has replied
    has contributed some very useful points, (pause for thought) Sod it somthing has got to be done, I want to have a go and I definatly haven't got the sort of money that get me into the low figuers, So how about this, £2000 for a rail of some shape or form, posibly built from donated parts or something.

Any feedback on this thought would be appreciatedJeff

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    One simple way to ensure a cheap series, which has been used before in other types of racing, is a 'Buy It' rule. You decide a fixed price, and the rule is anyone can buy the winning car for that price. Common sense then dictates no-one spends anywhere near that much money building a car to race. Don't know how practical that would be, and it would perhaps tend to penalise those who can build by putting the hours and skills in, when someone else could then get their labour off them cheaply, but it's a point to ponder maybe?

THATS MR TATFINK TO YOU TATFINK's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mines a rover v8,..best et w-out gas 10.97, for sale as well

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHarris View Post
    Im wondering the same thing now youve mentioned it, its rules and regulations changing all the time i guess, its making the sport more expensive!
    i 100% agree with ya im trying to do my moggy the same as you Tommy were taking it back to basics weve bought a cheap ol brit car and had some fun building it bunged in a v8 and go racing on not alot of money

and i know mine aint finished so dont you start anything northerner!!!
    Last edited by Vonmerkin; 01-10-2009 at 19:10.
    Eights For Show, Fours For Go

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonmerkin View Post
    i 100% agree with ya im trying to do my moggy the same as you Tommy were taking it back to basics weve bought a cheap ol brit car and had some fun building it bunged in a v8 and go racing on not alot of money

and i know mine aint finished so dont you start anything northerner!!!
    Im not northern! ..but yeah mate, just stick with rwyb's! got modern jap stuff to play with at them aswell as great non high tec v8 brit/yank classics
    When the flag drops, the bullshit stops.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    It depends on what you want...if it's strictly RWYB it only needs to be safe...if you're going into a 'class', it needs to comply with class rules as well as the required tag for it's speed.

The Hot Rod Gazette NSCC started out as cheap grass roots but there are some big money cars in there now. A look at the times in the early days compared to the times now is very interesting. It's still a good way to go racing though...I believe that the series has never been won by the quickest car. This is because points are accrued for shows and cruises as well as race meets.

The cheapest way in my opinion is to buy a cheap Yank motor and strip as much weight from it as you can.

Or buy a cheap old Model T (or other old hot rod) and improve it as you can
    Last edited by Dusty; 01-10-2009 at 19:26.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    If this has worked the link should take you to Deb against a ricer at the Pod

OK it hasn't worked...you don't need the link as the vid is right here

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    It depends on what you want...if it's strictly RWYB it only needs to be safe...if you're going into a 'class', it needs to comply with class rules as well as the required tag for it's speed.

The Hot Rod Gazette NSCC started out as cheap grass roots but there are some big money cars in there now. A look at the times in the early days compared to the times now is very interesting. It's still a good way to go racing though...I believe that the series has never been won by the quickest car. This is because points are accrued for shows and cruises as well as race meets.

The cheapest way in my opinion is to buy a cheap Yank motor and strip as much weight from it as you can.

Or buy a cheap old Model T and improve it.
    yeah...some real cheap ways of doing things if you have experience with mixing bits together and you know they work...take mine and my dads a40 for example, my dads been on the drag scene for years checking out the cheaper drag cars, that has resulted in my car not even coming to a grand to build, and its nearly done!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    If this has worked the link should take you to Deb against a ricer at the Pod

YouTube - evo vs v8

OK it hasn't worked...you don't need the link as the vid is right here
    Good vid aswell loving watching jap cars get spanked

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information