Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Econo drags

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    A RWYB is typically £10 entry + £25 signing on fee for (generally) as many runs as you can get in.

Pro Et is in the region of £135 entry + £50 for electric whether you want it or not.

I wasn't knocking the safety regs, just pointing out that your car has to meet them...unlike a RWYBer.

I assume that WB cars are tagged to a speed like (for example) Deb's Pro Et car?

The race wear is a bone of contention with a great many racers I think.
    I mean Shakey not Pod. Weekend RWYB entry is £25 each + £35 to sign on. If 3 of you go thats £110, not far off MSA entry fee for Spring Nats or Open Sports which gets you 4 people in and racing. I don't go for the day it's a 2 1/2 hour tow for me.

WB cars which are tagged are to current SFI spec for front/rear engine dragster and altereds down to 7.50 or 8.50. At RWYB WB meetings non tagged cars are eligible to run. I think doorslammer tags are different they may still have a 9.99 tag not sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKIN WOLEY View Post
    This is the responce that I was hoping for and everybody that has replied
    has contributed some very useful points, (pause for thought) Sod it somthing has got to be done, I want to have a go and I definatly haven't got the sort of money that get me into the low figuers, So how about this, £2000 for a rail of some shape or form, posibly built from donated parts or something.

Any feedback on this thought would be appreciatedJeff
    If Scottie hasn't already sold his altered on ebay, this may be what your looking for http://www.nsra.org.uk/newforum/showthread.php?t=32466

heres the ebay listing now ended but with photo's http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
    Last edited by WB54; 01-10-2009 at 20:21.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bracket racing has long been the way to a stop it becoming wallet racing. It relies on reactions and consistency. There is a class for everyone, just buy someones old race car (there are some real bargains) and get going. Or you could try and re-invent the wheel.

See you in Pro ET next year dusty, it'll have to go quicker than that though!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    Bracket racing has long been the way to a stop it becoming wallet racing. It relies on reactions and consistency. There is a class for everyone, just buy someones old race car (there are some real bargains) and get going. Or you could try and re-invent the wheel.

Thats exactly why I think it should be a bracket type thing, you can run 16s and still win!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    We're working on the times...I should have finished the current changes in time for Deb to test on the 17th.

My main worry is having it almost fast enough for Pro Et, but close enough to break out of Sp Et...if we get it to run 11.99/12.01 we're screwed.

We'll have a better idea of where we're going after the next testing session.

If the car is safe in Sp Et, it can stay there...it's possible that Deb's ambitions are above my capabilities.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as the dial-in is an eleven (11.99) the car can run 12.00 and still win in Pro ET. But if it runs 12.05 you will probably lose as the class is competitive.
    Neil.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    As long as the dial-in is an eleven (11.99) the car can run 12.00 and still win in Pro ET. But if it runs 12.05 you will probably lose as the class is competitive.
    Neil.
    You're not wrong...at the Euro Finals if you didn't run within 0.04 of your dial in, you didn't qualify.

I watched Phil Toppin run 9.01 on a 9.00 at the National Finals.

I'm replacing suspension stuff next week to make the launch consistent (I hope).

Deb is investigating new engine possibilities.

What will you be running Neil?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WB54 View Post
    I mean Shakey not Pod. Weekend RWYB entry is £25 each + £35 to sign on. If 3 of you go thats £110, not far off MSA entry fee for Spring Nats or Open Sports which gets you 4 people in and racing. I don't go for the day it's a 2 1/2 hour tow for me.

WB cars which are tagged are to current SFI spec for front/rear engine dragster and altereds down to 7.50 or 8.50. At RWYB WB meetings non tagged cars are eligible to run. I think doorslammer tags are different they may still have a 9.99 tag not sure.
    I've just been speaking to Ian Marshall (chief starter at the Pod with 20 years experience for any that aren't familier with him).

He tells me that a doorslammer doesn't need a chasis tag untill it runs 9.99 or quicker...an altered is 11.99 he believes.

We can jump into Sp et (12.00-17.00) or Pro et (9.00-11.99) if we wish. You don't have to be quick, just consistent

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dusty,
    What's the brief spec of the car, that's a decent time to run, fair play.

I'm tempted to enter some championship or other in mine, as there's not a lot of decent events to run the car at otherwise. At Shakey anyway, the Pod is quite a distance from me.
    Only got 1 RWYB and Gary's Picnic in this year (and a couple of RWYBS on the bike) so was hoping to go to the MOPARs and a few sanctioned events at Shakey next year.
    Love the Nostalgias and Hot Rod Drags. Went to both, but in the daily coz mines to new to run

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 296moon View Post
    Thats exactly why I think it should be a bracket type thing, you can run 16s and still win!
    Pro et is bracket racing but there is a class index of 9.00-11.99...running 12s puts Deb in Sp et wich is indexed at 12.00-17.00, so you can run 16s and win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information