Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: elections

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    But when people aren't getting what they want from those IN power, or their supposed opposition then they look to alternatives, no matter how flawed their policies may be . Most voting for UKIP will do so because they blame the EU for most of this countries ills. What else you get is always in the small print T&cs that nobody ever reads before signing a contract.
    True Kev,
    Hopefully, UKIP will make a good fist of things in the coming local elections, which will be enough of a kick to the mainstream parties that they will have to start listening again to what people are after, and by that I mean on both sides, not just in the immigration debate or about Europe, but about proper ways to get this country out of the mire that don't just involve hammering those who have the least because they are the easiest to victimise.
    Learning carries within itself certain dangers because out of necessity one has to learn from one's enemies.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think in the next general election we will end up with a labour/liberal coalition... its frightening.

unfortunately i dont think any of the parties want to deliver for the electorate, they all say what you want to hear but underneath have their own agenda, doesnt matter what they say in their manifesto - its all lies to tempt you in.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I favour the Douglas Adams idea from The Hitchikers Guide..
    Anyone who wants power is actively barred from being allowed to have it.
    Learning carries within itself certain dangers because out of necessity one has to learn from one's enemies.”

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Lord Acton and several before and after him.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    UKIP are worse than the other parties. They make the Tories look like they are turning pink...!

UKIP’s Disappearing Welfare Policy: Claimants are “a parasitic underclass of scroungers” | the void

Ukip plans to stop benefit claimants buying tobacco and alcohol | Black Triangle Campaign

DO NOT VOTE #UKIP! VOTE #GREEN OR #TUSC ! #UKIP candidate posted hate group material to official party pageshttp://politicalscrapbook.net/2013/04/ukip-candidate-posted-hate-group-material-to-official-party-pages/

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    UKIP are worse than the other parties. They make the Tories look like they are turning pink...!

UKIP’s Disappearing Welfare Policy: Claimants are “a parasitic underclass of scroungers” | the void

Ukip plans to stop benefit claimants buying tobacco and alcohol | Black Triangle Campaign

DO NOT VOTE #UKIP! VOTE #GREEN OR #TUSC ! #UKIP candidate posted hate group material to official party pages http://politicalscrapbook.net/2013/0...l-party-pages/

To Quote some of the articles about them...: "Even some claimants have been sucked in as the party has gone deliberately quiet about their own welfare policies. When @boycottworkfare began tweeting their workfare plans to claimants who thought UKIP might be on our side, they decided to ‘disappear’ their welfare policy summary from their website."

"UKIP’s welfare policies include forced unpaid work for all Housing and Council Tax Benefit claimants, Incapacity Benefit (now ESA) slashed to Job Seeker’s Allowance rates and childcare support for working parents demolished. Don’t trust them."

"UKIP will: Require those on benefits – starting with Housing and Council Tax Benefit recipients in private rented homes – to take part in council-run local community projects called ‘Workfare’ schemes. The schemes will be in addition to council jobs"

"Even some claimants have been sucked in as the party has gone deliberately quiet about their own welfare policies. When @boycottworkfare began tweeting their workfare plans to claimants who thought UKIP might be on our side, they decided to ‘disappear’ their welfare policy summary from their website.

Luckily it was still available on google cache, where it won’t stay for ever so it’s reproduced below. They also forgot to remove the full policy document from their server which can be downloaded at: http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPwelfare.pdf "

SO PLEASE DO NOT BE SUCKED INTO VOTING FOR THE UKIP, AS THEY WILL MAKE ALL THAT HAS GONE ON BEFORE LOOK LIKE A KINDERGARTEN...!!!
    Last edited by tangomoggy; 02-05-2013 at 01:21.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 35kid View Post
    i think in the next general election we will end up with a labour/liberal coalition... its frightening.

unfortunately i dont think any of the parties want to deliver for the electorate, they all say what you want to hear but underneath have their own agenda, doesnt matter what they say in their manifesto - its all lies to tempt you in.
    Nothing new there then, that's been going on for years and years.

Its just unfortunate that the average bod in the country actually believes their vote will make a difference, disillusion at its best.
    Love a lot and trust a few but allways paddle your own canoe

Democracy is two foxes and one lamb deciding what to have for tea

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Liberals ****ed away the biggest opportunity to make a change to voting.

of the Croydon Teds Nigel Incubator-Jones's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tangomoggy View Post
    Massive rant
    I know you've been here a long time and have a large post count, and I know that as well as being fairly new here I am also young and stupid. Still, I feel inclined to ask if you are a troll. Not because you don't like UKIP - I don't expect them to appeal to everyone - but because of excessive use of caps lock, loads of links, the posting of the same point twice, posting in the middle of the night and the instruction to vote for the Greens (not a fan of V8s, then) or TUSC (not a fan of hard work). What's more, the anti-UKIP points you've supplied actually sound like very good reasons, to me, to vote UKIP.

Your posts on the cyclists thread don't help your cause either.

If you aren't trolling then I apologise, please don't be angry, but I might ask that you change your posting style.
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 02-05-2013 at 16:06.
    Wanted! Back issues of Street Machine, American Car World/American Car and Classic American. Please PM.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post
    and I know that as well as being fairly new here I am also young and stupid.

You summed it up there.

Being young and stupid is where we all began. Taking the time to read all the posts and learn about the people making them is better than wading in without doing your research.

Try as I might, I find it hard not to find you unbelievably arrogant. This, when all said and done, is a site about cars, bikes, planes. Things that make noise and make most of us feel better. I have said in the past that I want to give you the benefit of doubt. If you are who you say you are and the age you allege to be, you are getting to the point where I believe YOU are the troll.

I apologise upfront to those that have come to the same conclusion before me and am starting to regret ever defending you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information