Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! And bear in mind even if it can't read speed signs, sat navs can pick up exactly when you change speed zones so it's all in the bag anyhoo. Once this is drip fed in it'll be a click of a mouse to instruct all cars to remain withing limits on public roads.

Some of this stuff is only a few years away
    And you see politicians clamouring to get on the waggon for votes so we gonna get sold down the river!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post
    200mph, 7.5-second passes and road legal - what's so special about that? You can get all that from a combustion engine, plus some extra attitude, and there's no pollution to water supplies from lithium mining.
    Point taken, but when I was your age there were only three kinds of electric vehicle, milk floats, dogems cars and some weird van things that postmen used to walk in front of (**** knows what the point of them was)
    But the thing is people are building mad electric cars, not just boring old peoples tax dodging cars or yuppie Teslas (is Yuppy stil a thing?) but mad and bad electric cars
    believe me I am no fan of the modern technology but like it or not it's here and going to be even more here in the near future.
    No good burying our heads in the sand.

4. LikesChopperHarris liked this post
    of the Croydon Teds Nigel Incubator-Jones's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Point taken, but when I was your age there were only three kinds of electric vehicle, milk floats, dogems cars and some weird van things that postmen used to walk in front of (**** knows what the point of them was)
    But the thing is people are building mad electric cars, not just boring old peoples tax dodging cars or yuppie Teslas (is Yuppy stil a thing?) but mad and bad electric cars
    believe me I am no fan of the modern technology but like it or not it's here and going to be even more here in the near future.
    No good burying our heads in the sand.
    No, we don't want to bury our heads in the sand. I want to speak up for what's right and good. Change is all very well but we must differentiate between good change and bad change. When change appears to be bad, I don't feel inclined to sit down and accept it. The electric car business is a political machine that runs on the lies that we're all about to die, and that that in itself is some kind of problem. Politicians must generate fear in order to give people a reason to vote for them. Pardon me if I don't buy into that.

I liked the 'Flux Capacitor' Enfield that Johnny Smith built for drag racing. That was taking a seriously uncool electric car and turning it into something cool, and it was a novelty, a bit of fun. Things like the electric Mustang are examples of taking a car that was reasonably cool to begin with and stripping it of all the very things that made it cool in the first place.

Now, if Little Miss Greta can stamp her feet and whinge about nasty grown-ups stealing her childhood and gets taken seriously, then I want the same treatment. A good percentage of my quality of life stems from having fun with combustion-engined cars. No combustion engines = less fun = reduced quality of life. What's so special about some snotty Swede that her life means more than mine?

If electric cars are the future then the future's buggered and I'll have no part in it. I'll just reimagine the concept of time and stay right here, havin' fun as usual.

Apologies for the late night post - will edit it into something more coherent if I have time tomorrow.
    Wanted! Back issues of Street Machine, American Car World/American Car and Classic American. Please PM.

6. Likes69 ford liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone thinks the end of the internal combustion engine isn't in sight, they are deluded. The electric car will march on, even though it's really about money and pseudo-environmentalism rather than real green power. Sure, we will be able to drive on in our classics, rods and customs for a few years, but the legislation will become more restrictive, fuel will slowly rise to unaffordable levels and eventually all our motors will be expensive art. Remember too, there is a whole generation of brainwashed young folk who will eventually be so great in number, they will sweep parties like the Greens - or those who feign to adopt green principles - to power. If the electric car could provide for the masses and co-exist alongside we petrol heads (who generally are the ones who take driving seriously anyway, rather than trying to focus on our phone all the time), I'd be happy, but it won't work like that. It will progress in a "blunt tool" way and wipe us away as collateral damage. Until recently I optimistically gave it 20 years, but I think ten is more realistic. Drive today if you want to, because tomorrow will probably be too late

9. LikesKustom Jim liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to think that the future of internal combustion vehicles was safe but I am as worried as the next man.
    I used to think that the future was in non fossil bi fuels to run conventional engines but now I'm not so sure.
    Currently we have a choice of whether to drive electric or not.
    Currently we have a choice of whether to adopt self driving autonomous vehicles
    I've got a feeling that choice will be taken away, not sure about Poncho's ten years but I recon it may be in my lifetime...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    And then there’s us poor sods that have to fix them! There’s a non conductive six foot pole with a hook on the end for your workmates to pull you away from the car when you get electrocuted !
    Last edited by mustangmud; 09-11-2019 at 17:11.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to ask the brainwashed little brat where a recycling programme is actively taking place for the batteries?, where's the factory?.
    Yorkshire is the worst place in the UK to have (available) charging points, quite proud of that LOL....dont come "here" with the silent ****, we cant support it

68roadrunner

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like Poncho and others have said, it's driven by chinless politicians/middle class emotional apologist retards so we're doomed. The ****s are well underway with project fear.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information