Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Electric or hydrogen fuel cell cars will eventually become the norm, but it will take decades for petrol and diesel engine cars already on the roads to disappear.
    Here's my forecast.
    Sales tax will either be increased on new petrol cars or reduced for new electric cars steering the choice of which new car to buy towards electric.
    MOT emission standards will rise, putting many older cars off the road.
    Diesel engines in lorry's will have to meet more stringent emissions standards, but there will be no mandatory change to electric as electric simply does not have the range needed for commercial goods vehicles.
    Taxes on petrol and diesel will increase and there will be more stringent environmental controls put on petrol and diesel storage, putting petrol stations out of business because it will be uneconomic to bring the station up to code along with the declining demand.
    Sections of the motorway will be designated as electric vehicles only, maybe city centers will also be included.
    All vehicles will have speed limiters ending the sale of high performance cars and bikes.
    The perfection of autonomous vehicles may end cars as we know them completely, as the prospect of summoning an autonomous car to take you to the shops and then summon another to bring you home has so much appeal. No costs of owning, maintaining, insuring or parking a car. No drivers license needed and no chance of a drunk driving or speeding arrest.
    Cars will go back to being a device for transportation again, nothing more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmud View Post
    And then there’s us poor sods that have to fix them! There’s a non conductive six foot pole with a hook on the end for your workmates to pull you away from the car when you get electrocuted !
    Mate was telling me about a !ocal garage who were doing work on a hybrid car,and managed to make the whole car live.

The manufacturer had to send someone out to fix it
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Mate was telling me about a !ocal garage who were doing work on a hybrid car,and managed to make the whole car live.

The manufacturer had to send someone out to fix it
    Things may be about to change.
    https://www.approvedgarages.co.uk/ne...s-be-licensed/

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NMNeil View Post
    It's just around the corner
    https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47715415
    No idea how it will be fitted to motorcycles though.
    As ACE reported best part of 10 years ago ISA ( Inteligent Speed Adaption).

I made sure our latest 'new car', didn't have built in sat nav for this very reason.
    Last edited by kapri; 11-11-2019 at 17:46.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If electric cars DO start to take over the market then most certainly it will hasten introduction of road tolling . The Government started the softening up process to monthly charges about 3-4 years back and many having taken advantage of their 'kindness'.

If you remove petrol and doesel vehicles from the road the Government will need to replace that lost VED AND Fuel tax.

My current projects vehicles are aimed at the situation as I think it will be in approx 5 years as there's not much point me looking further into the future for myself.

Even DVSA believe electric will ( short term at least ) be the future as they have included regs in BIVA for Amateur built electric powered vehicles.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    And of course there’s the fireball Tesla’s ! We are fairly free from the electric mentality due to hitting minus 40 during the winter months, once the battery packs are out of warranty it’s more economical to replace the car, now there’s green thinking in action

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmud View Post
    And of course there’s the fireball Tesla’s ! We are fairly free from the electric mentality due to hitting minus 40 during the winter months, once the battery packs are out of warranty it’s more economical to replace the car, now there’s green thinking in action
    its good business.

tell the gullable that they need to buy a new electric car every five years,and they will.the planet wont be saved,but they will feel better for doing their bit.

all the while their be on their chinese made phone,wearing clothes made in india.did any one mention smog.just not in london
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suits me. I'll take as many Tesla battery modules as I can to store the excess from my solar panels. The cells in the Tesla cars are identical to those in the Tesla powerwall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information