+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fenderless

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Fenderless

Hi

anyone had issues running fenderless, tried mine all year with no issues, lucky?
    32 3 window.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have fenders on mine but 2 mates have been pulled up regarding having none. I don't think they got fined to be honest but fenders/ no fenders is a sort of a grey area dependant on who you speak to I think. I love the look of mine when it used to be fenderless (21 years ago) but the reason I fitted some is I didn't want to give an excuse to be pulled over. But....looks wise, fenderless every time for me but I don't work for the Police or VOSA. Someone will be on here to give you a better answer than mine though I'm sure. Great looking car by the way.

4. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    06BF860B-EEF8-4D9F-8684-B49AC09D60EC.jpgBrian daily and Brian Watson both drive the wheels of their cars up n down the motorway in their fenderless 33s and I don’t think they have eve4 been pulled

6. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the other hand if a copperdoes decide to pull you and you don't have a set in the boot he can PL9 you ( Prohibition Notice ) requiring a 4 wheel lift to recover it.

It's not an endorsable offence , and you will need to MOT your car to get the prohibition removed.

8. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think it meets Construction & Use to not have them, as with any road vehicle. Strictly speaking I think you even need mudguards on a bicycle, but how many even new ones have them? The police have got bigger fish to fry - like that Audi A6 in front of you with a stash in the boot - that's if they even know of the regulation.

Sorry, my post crossed with Kapri's who's the oracle.............

10. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the "I don't need them unless it's raining Officer" answer? Does that work? Then again, I suppose it's who you get pulled by on the day...if you'll pardon the expression...

12. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..and when they ask what you do when it starts to rain and you can't pull a set from your trunk it all goes pear shape.

14. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, thats why when I first got the Coupe I did exactly that for a short while until I fitted them 'permanately' so to speak. If someone was fenderless but had them in the boot and either fitted them or at least proved they could be fitted when/if they were pulled over, would that suffice?

16. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RockabillyBilly View Post
    I have fenders on mine but 2 mates have been pulled up regarding having none. I don't think they got fined to be honest but fenders/ no fenders is a sort of a grey area dependant on who you speak to I think. I love the look of mine when it used to be fenderless (21 years ago) but the reason I fitted some is I didn't want to give an excuse to be pulled over. But....looks wise, fenderless every time for me but I don't work for the Police or VOSA. Someone will be on here to give you a better answer than mine though I'm sure. Great looking car by the way.
    Not all that grey I'm afraid.

63.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (4), this regulation applies to—

(a)invalid carriages;

(b)heavy motor cars, motor cars and motor cycles, not being agricultural motor vehicles or pedestrian-controlled vehicles;

(c)agricultural motor vehicles driven at more than 20 mph; and

(d)trailers.

(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (5), every vehicle to which this regulation applies shall be equipped with wings or other similar fittings to catch, so far as practicable, mud or water thrown up by the rotation of its wheels or tracks.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...lation/63/made

18. Likesgurustorm liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flipping heck....it's not a case of "not all that grey" but..."not grey at all". I wish I could say the same for my hair. Along with Kapri's, theres your answer I think gurustorm.

20. Likesgurustorm liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information