Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fenderless

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don’t you just enjoy your car let the police concentrate on all those Audi RS 3,6,8s that are bombing about up to no good.

2. Likes55zephyr, 35kid liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Luck of the draw generally.
    My mate got away with just being told to "fit some mudguards before I see you again".
    When my Model A threw it's propshaft down the A6 the police arrived to push me off the road. One of them pushed the front wheel around to get the car moving. Neither of them mentioned the lack of fenders.

5. Likes55zephyr, 35kid liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the same applies to those ****ty ATVs you see thrashing about, piloted by dickheads.
    Screw EU

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it does get my goat this, so you can take it for an examination of roadworthness (mot) and pass with no fenders/ mudguards
    but you can have a prohibition by the police to have them, and have that same MOT guy who passed you, pass you again?

So whos rules do we play by? given that its in black and white (even tho its wooley) even as far as stating "as reasonably practicable", this being determined by what? example being, on a harley chop of mine, no front mudguard other than a tied scarf on the forks, it works to stop water / mud from flinging up, but it is reasonable, and practical, and it passes a mot.

i also have issue with the no mot rule, being that if the cops stop one of my bikes, no tax no mot, and issue a mot check, and i take it to again, said mot guy, who looks at me and stated "doesnt need a mot as per government rules" you kinda think WTF is wrong with making it simple, and hand the rule book to someone who owns a car or motorbike
    one day i wil wake up and i'll be dead!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elevensies View Post
    it does get my goat this, so you can take it for an examination of roadworthness (mot) and pass with no fenders/ mudguards
    but you can have a prohibition by the police to have them, and have that same MOT guy who passed you, pass you again?

So whos rules do we play by? given that its in black and white (even tho its wooley) even as far as stating "as reasonably practicable", this being determined by what? example being, on a harley chop of mine, no front mudguard other than a tied scarf on the forks, it works to stop water / mud from flinging up, but it is reasonable, and practical, and it passes a mot.

i also have issue with the no mot rule, being that if the cops stop one of my bikes, no tax no mot, and issue a mot check, and i take it to again, said mot guy, who looks at me and stated "doesnt need a mot as per government rules" you kinda think WTF is wrong with making it simple, and hand the rule book to someone who owns a car or motorbike
    The MOT is a safety check, no mudguards does not make the vehicle unsafe. It does however make it a pain to pedestrians who gets showered with s**t when a fenderless car goes by in the rain and sprays everyone.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been running Fenderless for 20 + years never been pulled,
    maybe lucky.
    You only made one mistake, you trusted me.......

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elevensies View Post

That's the great thing about living in the UK! The police getting the vehicle checked by the MoT station is just outsourcing the task - it's easier to do it that way than have, say, a police mechanic do the check. For all the anomalies and oddities of the system, I'd still reckon that Britain is one of the best countries in the world to run an old bike, car, rod or chop, when you hear about the hoops some folk overseas have to jump through.

11. Likeskapri, 55zephyr, ChopperHarris liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    couldnt agree more, for all the faults and the stupid crazyness, its our crazy

still doesnt mean i wouldnt change the system, to one that says the man who does the mot holds all the cards.
    one day i wil wake up and i'll be dead!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would anyone want to change what we have ? Worse still why would anyone want all the rules to tie up ?

It's only the fact that they don't that have allowed 'grey' areas that others like to use to their advantage .

14. Likes55zephyr, JackGriffin, Kustom Jim liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    It's only the fact that they don't that have allowed 'grey' areas that others like to use to their advantage .[/QUOTE]

Older but no wiser.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information