Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: free stuff

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: free stuff

Quote Originally Posted by tangomoggy View Post
    So what happens if you're sent another model collection instalment AFTER you've cancelled? (Atlas Editions again) Because they've sent me another model a month after I've contacted them (via phone) and cancelled my subscription with them. Do I still incur the return postage costs?
    The previous month's sent out model was not the promised model, and that's not wanted either.
    Your case is a bit different as you had entered into some sort of contract, and without a legal type person (not me) reading the small print we cant tell if you could simply cancel. The main point i can think of is, Prove you cancelled ? They probably wont admit to a phone call.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by graingermouse View Post
    wish id known of the unsolicted goods act, i had a book come thru adressed to my business, some **** picture book aimed at teaching jack **** to kids about drugs. on the back was a sticker saying your business details here. i thought nothing of it

bout a month later someone phoned asking if i recieved the book, said yes then they tried saying how id ask for 300 books to be sent to my local primary, (the one with only 250 kids), i said i knew nothing about it, and they said the books were only £3 each and it was a great jesture blah blah blah, i said i didnt ask for them, they said oh well we'll just check the tapes to confirm, i said go ahead coz you aint got one.

funny they never called back, but i still have the book some where
    It seems electrical business are targeted by these types of hoax 'gifts' or advertising. The main culprits are a company claiming to be putting together next years calendar/diary & magazine advertising, all to raise money for the Police or Fire brigades charities. They have no connection with either and the publications seem to have a print run of 1, that you receive of 'proof' of the other 10k that have been sent to the public.
    You are telephoned to say the advertising that you agreed to has been sent out and you now owe xxx amount, although you have never spoken before.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by great68 View Post
    Your case is a bit different as you had entered into some sort of contract, and without a legal type person (not me) reading the small print we cant tell if you could simply cancel. The main point i can think of is, Prove you cancelled ? They probably wont admit to a phone call.
    Then I could say the same thing to them. At no time have I put my signature to any contract, nor did I give them any of my bank details. Opting instead to pay by invoice after receiving any goods. Any contact with them has been on the phone, including the original offer acceptance.

Quoting from the documents that I received with the first models and the free gifts: " It's risk-free! You can suspend or stop everything at any time with a simple telephone call."

THATS MR TATFINK TO YOU TATFINK's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

i had a letter back from them after i wrote saying i never ordered ......it says that sorry for any inconvience blah blah,but intrest was shown ...ie someone filled in my details and signed my name !!!
    i wonder how that would stand up in court ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information