Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Greta thunberg is ace....

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greta Thunberg should be at school.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know who she is but she seems like my kind of bird. All sweet and innocent looking but no doubt she drives a big smokey V10 diesel Dodge Ram that she tows her funny car to the track with before doing huge Wild Willie style burnouts. Man I wanna bang her so bad!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mate..google is not your friend this time.

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Ha ha ha. Classic
    And i think she maybe underage for those sort of activities you have in mind.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had a big student protest against global warming in the parking lot of our local Walmart.
    They had signs saying "Ban fossil fuels" and "Stop fracking". You know the sort of thing.
    A reporter from the local paper was there looking bored, as this wasn't much of a story because such protests are now so common.
    He gave me a big smile when I suggested that he write about the section of the parking lot that had been reserved so that the protesters could park their fossil fueled cars and trucks
    Looking forward to the write up.

8. LikesTorment, BUNGLE liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NMNeil View Post
    We had a big student protest against global warming in the parking lot of our local Walmart.
    They had signs saying "Ban fossil fuels" and "Stop fracking". You know the sort of thing.
    A reporter from the local paper was there looking bored, as this wasn't much of a story because such protests are now so common.
    He gave me a big smile when I suggested that he write about the section of the parking lot that had been reserved so that the protesters could park their fossil fueled cars and trucks
    Looking forward to the write up.
    Nice one! And of course they no doubt contacted each other using imported phones (transported half around the world) made from petrochemical products and a number of scarce minerals that need to be mined. And probably update them when a new version comes out. None of this is joined up. As I've said before (yawn!), hot rodders and old vehicle nuts are probably the most eco friendly people on the planet - building vehicles from largely recycled components, rather than buying new electric vehicles with lots of scarce minerals that have to be manufactured at a considerable environmental cost.

10. LikesTorment, Slamera63, 69 ford, denby liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    They made a big thing about the Thunberg family crossing the ocean in their big carbon neutral boat being an example to everyone.
    Not as benign as they make out because their boat is fiberglass
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014...ted-paint-dust

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NMNeil View Post
    They made a big thing about the Thunberg family crossing the ocean in their big carbon neutral boat being an example to everyone.
    Not as benign as they make out because their boat is fiberglass
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014...ted-paint-dust
    Powered by sails made from oil based polymers, controlled by ropes made from oil based polymers. Navigated by instruments made from plastic and rare earth minerals and emitting ultrasonic noise that disturbs wildlife.

A sailing boat is a relatively benign way of traveling but nowhere near as green as is often believed.

We (as a society) do need to be more responsible about the way we use energy and I think most of us think that way.
    But knee jerk reactionary banning of things is not the answer. Yes new cars need to be made more efficient and less polluting and when you look at the progress made n the past fifty years we are on the right road.
    Greta and her gang says it's not enough and they may be right (I don't know as I'm not a scientist (don't think Greta is either)
    I can't see that making a non polluting electric car and then transporting it halfway round the world on a heavy oil burning ship is going to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Logistics probably would display that Mother Earth has finally spawned a being capable of a temporary destruction of an environment conducent to most living beings by sheer numbers and demand.

WWIII, plague, meteor strike or zombie virus will take the earth back to a more sustainable planet.
    Amen.

Ho hum
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in