Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  173
+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 206 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2058
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    loose the wheels for some wide steels, maybe do something with lights/grille to make it look a bit less 'modern' if possible?
    50 shades of grey primer....

2. Likesgrizz liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattblack View Post
    loose the wheels for some wide steels, maybe do something with lights/grille to make it look a bit less 'modern' if possible?
    Decided to step away from this.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM MATE.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well......

How suddenly can things go tits up?

Pic at 11.30am on Friday, at work, responding to Sally asking me on WhatsApp what I was up to.

Told her I had just been blown out again by a department that could not help me set up a meeting, but that I was headed to plan C next and all is fine in my world, hence the selfie.

So I headed to another department and had some mild success, then headed out there, being 4th floor, took the lift, as it opened, I felt like my shirt was a bit tight and a little dizzy.
    Anyway, went to another department where I needed a customer to help me sort something, asked him to just randomly check my blood pressure, I was not feeling bad, just a bit of a headache, that had persisted from Thursday, through the night.

He did it, and his words were “Best you go to A&E right now and book yourself in” when he saw the reading, I tried to get him to do me the favour I needed, and he just said, get this sorted, work can wait..
    of course I am 30 miles from home at midday on a Friday, not ideal, so said I would drive home to my local hospital that’s only 10 miles away. He suggested calling security to stop me leaving..... as something could go wrong while I was driving.

What he saw.

What happened over the next six hours.....

I have to say, and have said it before..... people should complain less about the NHS.

One of the senior registrars that I previously trained and see in the department when I pass through there, recognised me and asked whether I was training today, so I said, No, I was sent here by another department.
    He immediately took me on as his patient and with his junior, I certainly had the best treatment and care anyone could want.
    Remember, I happen to know their job too, and was I am assessor, they would pass.
    I can also say that because my eyes are open, I saw them and the rest of the team, manage patients equally well as I was being treated.

The NHS is so short staffed, and yet, this department just continues to function really well.

So observations, done about 10 times while I was there, interestingly, they do BP bilaterally, and in my case the arms read differently, my left arm consistently lower than the right.

Bloods, urine, ECG, an incredibly thorough history by two doctors and the triage nurse.
    Also a 3 minute (really 5 minutes) neurological checklist and examination.
    Thorough !!!

This little guy stayed in right up to discharge, so they would have instant access to my veins should things go a bit weird and they needed to jump on me.

Highly impressive ECG machine, and also identified a problem which will be followed up after a visit to my local GP next week.

Four hours later, this was how I felt, tired.

They also started me on some blood pressure lowering meds that they made me take in department and wait 45 minutes to see if it worked and if I did not react to it badly.

Then discharged with a script for 5 tablets.......

Made me smile, £9.00 for 5 tablets..... ouch.

But 6 hours of care, investigation and tests etc = £000.00 charge.

Discharged, a 20 minute wait for pills, and then an hours drive home.

Got it at 7.00pm

Relaxed as much as one can.

Rubbish night and took my pill this morning, that’s a new one for me.

Some things that need to change, sent by a good friend.....

My life is over.

So the future seems to have a lot more of this (walking and exercise ), and other changes in store for me.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    … My life is over...
    Grizz – [Panto] Oh no it isn’t! [/Panto]

If anything, you’ve had a perfectly timed lucky escape.

My weight has been slowly creeping up for a number of years.

But since 01/01/19 I’ve lost over 23 pounds / 10 kg.

This is due to a simple combination of exercising more and eating/drinking less crap.

However, the key word is less, not none!

Obviously, I would have lost more weight if I cut some things out completely.

But where is the fun in that?

So, get your own balance right and you can still enjoy a healthier life.

Good luck, Paul.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's a bugger! take it easy and slow down a bit, none of us are getting any younger.
    neil.
    ps, bananas are a good source of potassium mate in case you didn't know.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Grizz – [Panto] Oh no it isn’t! [/Panto]

If anything, you’ve had a perfectly timed lucky escape.

My weight has been slowly creeping up for a number of years.

But since 01/01/19 I’ve lost over 23 pounds / 10 kg.

This is due to a simple combination of exercising more and eating/drinking less crap.

However, the key word is less, not none!

Obviously, I would have lost more weight if I cut some things out completely.

But where is the fun in that?

So, get your own balance right and you can still enjoy a healthier life.

Good luck, Paul.

Hi Paul and Neil.

Well, you know me.... media whore and all that.

But I also like to help. And hope posting up here alerts some of those still popping in for a read or a chuckle.

Paul, I was static on 110kg for 15 year or more.

Last year I gained 5kg or 10 pounds (yes thats not quite correctly converted but you get the picture) just on my road trip. Yup this year I had not lost it and gained another possibly 3kg

I am fat, unfit and use salt like a gritter in mod winter, and all the other stuff we do wrongly.

This was a wake up call for sure.

THOUGH I AM TALKING OUT MY ARSE. I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THIS. I WORK IN HEALTHCARE. I WORK IN CARDIOLOGY..........

WTF??

So this time I need to get my finger out and manage all the aspects, including a day job that I allow to be very stressfull as I actually give a ****.

So in response to your comment......

I will be adapting my lifestyle and it will feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    that's a bugger! take it easy and slow down a bit, none of us are getting any younger.
    neil.

Thanks Neil, and yes, I actually did forget the bananas.

Maybe getting started back on the truck resto will help too.
    Last edited by grizz; 06-10-2019 at 16:57.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you show a pic of walking the dog then tell us you are going to put it down?, fkn sympathy seek much?...dont forget the "selfie "of the dead dog and you for max impact.
    Try training it or find someone who is not so wrapped up in their own little World to train it,.... its not a fkn pitbull terrier.

68roadrunner, full time animal lover, part time people hater.

wwwyorkshireanimalwelfaresociety.org

10. Likes296moon liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    neil.
    Don't overdo it on the nannas, one a day is enough, too much potassium is not good for you.
    Last edited by timbo56; 07-10-2019 at 13:25.

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    you put the dog down??????? what was wrong with taking it to a shelter and letting somebody else have a go at training it properly and giving the poor thing a shot at a decent life. ****ing beggars belief
    great thing to see n a car site NOT, maybe best keep that kind of **** to yourself instead of sharing it all over the internet

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarv8 View Post
    So you show a pic of walking the dog then tell us you are going to put it down?, fkn sympathy seek much?...dont forget the "selfie "of the dead dog and you for max impact.
    Try training it or find someone who is not so wrapped up in their own little World to train it,.... its not a fkn pitbull terrier.

68roadrunner, full time animal lover, part time people hater.

wwwyorkshireanimalwelfaresociety.org
    Seems a bit harsh I personaly do not know Grizz but enjoy his posts and he comes across as a nice enough guy, and I stand with him on the dog decision as I have had a few dogs and all were well trained and trust worthy except one that turned on my kids when they were very young and from that day on I couldnt trust it so I found a new home for it, so if the same were to happen with my grandkids the dog would be history, like everything most are good but some are just plain evil.
    We got my mum a llaso apso after I lost my dad for some company for her and for 9 yrs he has been a proper soppy **** with me and my brother jumping up on our laps being really submissive ( only do's this to us no other people) but recently he went for me full on in the face I pushed him away but he kept coming at me , very upsetting for my mum, but since that day the trust is gone and we do not take the grandchildren round ,mum now goes to visit them
    She actually phoned me in tears saying she was going to have him put down but we talked her out of that as he is her best friend and companion and persuaded her to let me take him to the vets and it turned out he had a poorly foot and an ear infection ,
    And me being the dutifull son said don't worry mum I will pay to sort him out.................F**k me them vets don't harf know how to charge.
    He is all good now but I will never ever trust him again
    Last edited by Yella f100; 06-10-2019 at 19:48.

14. LikesAustin Martin, 46beddy liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information