Likes Likes:  46
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Just my 2 pence worth.
    But my view is Cars and all that is associated with them (especially racing of all forms) are the relationship between man+machine (I mean that's what gave us the industrial revolution!!) so when the equation is upset with man-electronics + machine that's when things go wrong and we cant get the mechanical aspect to work because a sensor says no or limp mode FFS!!!! cars are mechanical items and this electrical **** is controlling everything!!! what's wrong with spark-timing-bang or other forms of combustion chemistry. would love to see electric power get into space! why isnt that little **** musk developing electric power for space exploration? oh thats right..it wont work! jumped up little turd!!
    anyhow (calm down now!) fads come and go but mechanical rules the day for me and it can be recycled easier than electrical crap and the simplicity of design for iron or steel has a real beauty about it (simple elements mean it always want to return to base elements, thats we we are all fighting rust!) and we are all in the pursuit of keeping old steel alive (especially with a nice soundrack!!)

2. LikesKustom Jim liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Electric is coming, no matter the reason or longevity.

Anyone see the sky news boxing day 'feature' all day long.

Company in LA converting classics to crashed Tesla motors. One of the wealthy clients gold chainer wet liberal embarrassed by wealth goaty beard knob end said it was the way forward to own a classic converted. In his case an old 911.

As said that kinda stuff is a novelty fashion for the followers who think they're creative leaders :****er:

Enjoying the smell of oil, rumble of cam overlap and burning rubber is already a niche club. I know what club I'm in
    praise be the loud! can I be in your club too Jim

5. LikesTorment liked this post
    Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    ARRGH and to make matter worse, the A hole next door (who rents the house after being evicted from elsewhere by the way!) has bought a tesla (cos he thinks its cool) and wants to put a charging point in front of the house. we live in a mews (old farm) courtyard with old brick construction so I will be reversing my ratty 68 c10 into it if he ever gets it through planning via his landlord.
    i have told him he has to put a bell on it (just like a bike) as he nearly run over one of the neighbours kids with his super cool quiet piece of ****e the other day!!! as they didnt hear him driving through!

7. Likesdenby liked this post
    Official RnS Addict legendlives's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was lucky (!) enough to work on a hybrid Ford Escape a few years back. Inside the back of the car was a big plastic hook for use if someone got electrocuted (you drag them away with it). Now if Ford thought it was a likely enough occurrence to fit a big plastic hook in clear view...........

The one elephant in the room is the revenue the government will lose from fossil/vegetable fuel. About 80% of the pump price goes to the government. Multiply the amount of vehicles in the UK (34.5 Million as of March '19 apparently) each putting on average 50 quids worth in a week (conservatively) and the figure is 71,760,000,000 GBP.
    The hypocritical *******s in power (whoever they are) aren't going to lose that money, so if you do go over to a country of all-electric vehicles expect the tax on electricity to go through the roof, and that will affect EVERYBODY, not just the motorists.
    Last edited by legendlives; 30-12-2019 at 06:36.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have them in every f1 pit...

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PONCHO View Post
    ...then tax electric car owners to death when they have no alternative transport option.
    Why do you think the government want you to have a 'smart' meter? Something drawing above XXX amps? Must be a car charging... KERRRCHING!
    50 shades of grey primer....

11. Likesdenby liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    there was a major gas leak up here in Falkirk a few weeks ago, noone had gas for a few days, they gave out small electric heaters and stoves to those who needed them, surprise surprise there was a few power cuts because the system couldnt cope with everything getting plugged in

always remember "them" saying there was a surge of power use during corrie etc at the adverts when everyone put their kettle on for tea , can nly imagine what it will be like when everyone is charging their car aswell

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post
    There are certainly issues. An electric... (snipped due to falling asleep)...inferior product.
    Seems a little bit of an extravagant, long winded word salad just to say "I prefer combustion to electric" don'tcha think.

Quote Originally Posted by Torment View Post
    But,but,but..greta told me electric was good..?
    Greta tells us **** all. She's just a front for her puppet masters.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't remember where I heard it, but someone/somewhere reported that this year SUV sales where 37 times higher than electric car sales. Unfortunately that means that if there were 370,000 SUVs sold there were still 10,000 electrics also sold,
    Screw EU

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a disgrace, that outspoken dickwad Carney, outgoing head of bank of England has said there's a climate emergency.

He's spouted other ****e before outside of his remit.

Oh look, lorks a lordy, the snide has scored a big job with the UN, surprise, fecking surprise as climate summat or other.

Boy when folks like him and politicians get their snout in the trough they'll say anything for more cash.
    Meanwhile I'm working 12.5hr shifts elbow deep in diarhea in a ward closed with Norovirus for below the average wage.
    Angry, durn tooten I am - pricks queing up to remove my lifestyle hobby that keeps me sane.
    Last edited by Kustom Jim; 30-12-2019 at 10:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information