Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  46
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Milner for PM! Nigel Incubator-Jones's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
    Seems a little bit of an extravagant, long winded word salad just to say "I prefer combustion to electric" don'tcha think.
    No. I genuinely don't believe you really think that's all I've just said. You said you don't understand the hostility towards electric cars. I attempted a full and comprehensive explanation.

I explained why I don't think they're a good thing.
    I explained why they're not even a necessity.
    I explained why people should treat the government's drive for electrification with caution.

You can either present your own views to explain why you think one or several of my points is wrong, or we can agree to disagree, but please do not wilfully misrepresent my considered thoughts as pure vapidity.
    Wanted! Back issues of Street Machine, American Car World/American Car and Classic American. Please PM.

2. LikesTorment, drseg liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    What a disgrace, that outspoken dickwad Carney, outgoing head of bank of England has said there's a climate emergency.

He's spouted other ****e before outside of his remit.

Oh look, lorks a lordy, the snide has scored a big job with the UN, surprise, fecking surprise as climate summat or other.

Boy when folks like him and politicians get their snout in the trough they'll say anything for more cash.
    Meanwhile I'm working 12.5hr shifts elbow deep in diarhea in a ward closed with Norovirus for below the average wage.
    Angry, durn tooten I am - pricks queing up to remove my lifestyle hobby that keeps me sane.
    if carney said it was dark out i would look out the window to check
    none of his predictions have come true

Welding Guru
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    He was also part of that big chilli con too

6. LikesKustom Jim liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Electric IS coming but it IS deeply flawed in it's 'current' state . Until the refueling quickly issue is solved it's not convenient .Then you have the problem that electricty doesn't simply appear it stilll has to be created and that process creates it's own pollution . Electricity needs to come from a free sustainable source to which everyone had access ie minimum of light and todal power.

Don't forget the second stage of this is also making vehicles driverless . THAT is the big issue that people are missing.

Control the mobility of the masses and THEY are easily controlled.

Freewill and self determinations are a birth right.

Don't forget that the Internet was also supposed to help pollution be helping so many work from home ( in suitable jobs) . Bosses are still so paranoid that they may not get their pound of flesh that has not really materialised. Same as video calls should also lower the need for travel.

8. LikesTorment liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy the wait..... suckers! This **** will never become mainstream, it will be an "excepted compromise" eventually to run alongside hybrid/gas/derv vehicles, it will never have to stand alone, because it wont work, im waiting for the first murder at a charge point because of selfish *******s today who require a "pecking order" in society, it'll come eventually

68RR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqEwLle8xKU

10. Likeskapri liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post
    I explained why I don't think they're a good thing.
    I explained why they're not even a necessity.
    I explained why people should treat the government's drive for electrification with caution.
    That's your opinion, which you're entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post
    You can either present your own views to explain why you think one or several of my points is wrong, or we can agree to disagree
    Or I could do neither due to not really giving a **** about the whole affair.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarv8 View Post
    Enjoy the wait..... suckers! This **** will never become mainstream, it will be an "excepted compromise" eventually to run alongside hybrid/gas/derv vehicles, it will never have to stand alone, because it wont work, im waiting for the first murder at a charge point because of selfish *******s today who require a "pecking order" in society, it'll come eventually

68RR

Does computer say no to turning lights off or to sidelights to save battery while standing after dark?
    Whirrr whirrr chuff chuff de chuff........chuff......BRUMMMM!

My Chevy thread: https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/sho...y-coach-403745
    Rugged Robin 2/3rd track: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked/

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie shovelheadrob's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarv8 View Post

68RR

****, I've seen road rage on a garage forecourt because someone occupied the first pump rather than pulling forward to the furthest. They'll be battering each other with the big plastic rescue hooks.........
    While we rumble by in our fossil fuelled jalopies.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelheadrob View Post
    ****, I've seen road rage on a garage forecourt because someone occupied the first pump rather than pulling forward to the furthest. They'll be battering each other with the big plastic rescue hooks.........
    While we rumble by in our fossil fuelled jalopies.
    Not to mention the retards who wilfully block charging points by parking their non electric cars there...

Official RnS Addict ChopperHarris's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
    That's your opinion, which you're entitled to.

Or I could do neither due to not really giving a **** about the whole affair.
    Well shut the feck up and let someone who cares express their opinion intelligently and precisely do that without undermining their post with complete tosh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information