Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Has this site . . . .

. . . . lost its V8 supercharged engine and gone back to an out of tune 4 pot running on 3 again, or is it just me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Five cylinders can be found on Facebook now.

forums are old hat for the time being
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i still pay to be on here and was told 9 months ago to get excited about the total revamp with new and better things to make this site more appealing again !!!!!!!!!!! im still waiting...... it used to be easy to use but now there are so many issues with logging in and cookies and all that stuff i dont understand i cant even use it on my workshop pc as i keep getting pop ups . i know so many people that used to love it here but have now not bothered as its lost its mojo .
    big shame as im just not interested one bit of using fakebook
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

5. Likesmygasser liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hot rod trimmer View Post
    i still pay to be on here and was told 9 months ago to get excited about the total revamp with new and better things to make this site more appealing again !!!!!!!!!!! im still waiting...... it used to be easy to use but now there are so many issues with logging in and cookies and all that stuff i dont understand i cant even use it on my workshop pc as i keep getting pop ups . i know so many people that used to love it here but have now not bothered as its lost its mojo .
    big shame as im just not interested one bit of using fakebook
    Why dont you want to use Facebook. Id be looking for another job,if i didn't use it.

You can taylor make it suit youre own needs.you dont need to see anything you dont want to,or people you don't want to..

Its a good platform to showcase youre work,if youre an unknown ( obviously not you)
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

7. LikesChopperHarris liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad to say but we are all (mostly) guilty of just looking at this forum, without topics started and posts on them it will wither; "use it or lose it"
    Just a passer by as you might say.

Official RnS Addict hotrod rick's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think we can all honestly say that its been going downhill ever since si sold it,
    DRIVE IT LIKE STOLE IT,

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    irst time I've properly logged on for ages, the family and I have all ditched FB so I thought I'd come back on. TBH, FB has effectively demolished most forums these days (volvo tuning.net, V8owners are a couple that are now only of FB as the forums weren't being used at all!!) so it's not exclusively RnS, Si's selling of the site was perfect timing, another 6 months and I'm sure it would be in a similar situation with everyone turning to FB and insta. It's a shame but things have to change and evolve, the reason I posted on FB is it was easier to load the pics and things an dreach a far greater audience, only downside is social media f*cks with your mental health massively......

11. LikesEnglish Impala, alleykat liked this post
    Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The forum was born out of a fall out from the NSRA site, a lot of folks that migrated to here had known each other for years and a lot of us knew each other personally. The site was extremely active as there was an excellent air of enthusiasm, **** taking and also support. As with all forums, some folks come and go, but it always remained buoyant. Yes, when Si sold it it did lose a few more members but the password farce killed off a lot of the remainder.

Facebook seems to be the new place to go for car stuff but for me, it's too fast moving as a social interaction platform, great for selling services if you're a trader as the audience is massive, but it also attracts ****ers like **** attracts flies. I belong to a few groups but some of the American ones have three very regular discussion topics:

- What's for sale for £XX? These posts are either by penniless dreamers or traders. They attract 30 odd replies from folks with inflated ideas of the true value of their car or the original poster never appears again!

- Who do people use for insurance? A regular post that regurgitates the same responses as the previous week.

- I've seen a car in the US, how much will it cost me to ship back?

If you post a technical question you have to wait for ten minutes or so as Google gets more hits from folks wanting to spout technical chapter rand verse in a vain attempt to sound like they know what they're talking about. It's almost comical when people cut & paste the same extract from Google.

The other problem is we're all getting older, we find other things happening in life that take our time & money that end up being a distraction.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by English Impala View Post
    The forum was born out of a fall out from the NSRA site, a lot of folks that migrated to here had known each other for years and a lot of us knew each other personally. The site was extremely active as there was an excellent air of enthusiasm, **** taking and also support. As with all forums, some folks come and go, but it always remained buoyant. Yes, when Si sold it it did lose a few more members but the password farce killed off a lot of the remainder.

Facebook seems to be the new place to go for car stuff but for me, it's too fast moving as a social interaction platform, great for selling services if you're a trader as the audience is massive, but it also attracts ****ers like **** attracts flies. I belong to a few groups but some of the American ones have three very regular discussion topics:

- What's for sale for £XX? These posts are either by penniless dreamers or traders. They attract 30 odd replies from folks with inflated ideas of the true value of their car or the original poster never appears again!

- Who do people use for insurance? A regular post that regurgitates the same responses as the previous week.

- I've seen a car in the US, how much will it cost me to ship back?

If you post a technical question you have to wait for ten minutes or so as Google gets more hits from folks wanting to spout technical chapter rand verse in a vain attempt to sound like they know what they're talking about. It's almost comical when people cut & paste the same extract from Google.

The other problem is we're all getting older, we find other things happening in life that take our time & money that end up being a distraction.
    Absolutely right about the password malarky, that stoppeed me coming on!!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    and the difficulty in posting pictures.
    no drag and drop..hell thats been available most everywhere for years

yes, its getting less and less use
    sent from my Commodore vic 32

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information