Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    MUCH prefer forum to facebook . On facebook difficulty keeping track of topics . replies etc. Guess it suits who it was originally intended to serve, people with the attention span of a goldfish that only what to know what's happening now rather than what did happen.

2. LikesEnglish Impala, mattblack liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    that only what to know what's happening now rather than what did happen.
    I like that analogy!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to admit, I don't post on here like I used to and even gave farcebook a try and I bloody hate it but I also find myself in the garage that much more too, whether it be our cars or customer vehicles. I don't look at fb from one week to the next but I look in here at least once a day usually.
    Was tempted to do a build thread on Pen's truck but we've had so many tossers on the net generally, we prefer to keep our **** private..!! I'll add a pic of the truck tailgate I reskinned for Towrag ('46 Chevy truck), if anyone wants to see pics I'll get it sorted.

Either way, I need to contribute to this site more than I have, had some awesome experiences and made some great friends because of it
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Dippus Shittus

I know Latin.....

6. Likeskapri liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I’ve just come back on after going AWOL for three years, and surprised at the lack of buzz.
    .....but Facebook forums are like tabloid newspapers, lots of noise but no content.
    Rods n Sods has a bit more of a read, like a good magazine.
    .....pity the uploading of pictures is such a faff.
    ...old enough to know better !!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yah, all of the above.

'book has very, very unfairly got the drop on web forum's.

Prince Charles once said to replace something with an inferior offering is philistinism.

I agree, the very thin instant content on faceache should never replace the once heavy content on websites. But hey, folks want a quick fix as it seems few are bustin knuckles on the wrenches nowadays.

Having said that last years showfields were jammed so keep a hold, it's only the way info is shared that's a changing. Cars are still getting built

9. Likesfozwanger liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    My opening comment was actually a reference to how damn slow to load this site has become once again but pretty much agree with all that has been said.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fogey View Post
    My opening comment was actually a reference to how damn slow to load this site has become once again but pretty much agree with all that has been said.
    I was thinking that today, first time in it for years from my laptop and it’s going at windows 95 page loading speed, really slooooooooow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must be lucky as I have never had any trouble login in or posting picture either by Image Hosting or by Manage Attactments. Though must admit sometimes the site is very slow.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by English Impala View Post
    The forum was born out of a fall out from the NSRA site, a lot of folks that migrated to here had known each other for years and a lot of us knew each other personally. The site was extremely active as there was an excellent air of enthusiasm, **** taking and also support. As with all forums, some folks come and go, but it always remained buoyant. Yes, when Si sold it it did lose a few more members but the password farce killed off a lot of the remainder.

Facebook seems to be the new place to go for car stuff but for me, it's too fast moving as a social interaction platform, great for selling services if you're a trader as the audience is massive, but it also attracts ****ers like **** attracts flies. I belong to a few groups but some of the American ones have three very regular discussion topics:

- What's for sale for £XX? These posts are either by penniless dreamers or traders. They attract 30 odd replies from folks with inflated ideas of the true value of their car or the original poster never appears again!

- Who do people use for insurance? A regular post that regurgitates the same responses as the previous week.

- I've seen a car in the US, how much will it cost me to ship back?

If you post a technical question you have to wait for ten minutes or so as Google gets more hits from folks wanting to spout technical chapter rand verse in a vain attempt to sound like they know what they're talking about. It's almost comical when people cut & paste the same extract from Google.

The other problem is we're all getting older, we find other things happening in life that take our time & money that end up being a distraction.
    i can top you.
    i just seen one where they asked if they should paint their car or keep it original.

the world is full of ****s
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brading View Post
    I must be lucky as I have never had any trouble login in or posting picture either by Image Hosting or by Manage Attactments. Though must admit sometimes the site is very slow.
    i've written all the different passwords for all the different websites and forums i use and i have over 20 different passwords. at least when 'the powers' decide we have to login again i know the password (i used to forget them as i stayed logged in to forums). agreed, never had an issue loading pics once i was shown how but also the pages are sometimes painfully slow to load up.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information