Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was totally better when owned by Si, for me went down hill when the current 'leader' took over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Why dont you want to use Facebook. Id be looking for another job,if i didn't use it.

You can taylor make it suit youre own needs.you dont need to see anything you dont want to,or people you don't want to..

Its a good platform to showcase youre work,if youre an unknown ( obviously not you)
    as you know wayne i do instagram but even thats a bit too busy for me !!!!!!!! im confused as it is as i get messages via email . text . whats app , instagram , here as well as 2 cups and a bit of string its hard to keep track of every thing ..................... post its are my friend
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The structured format of this place was a bit like a library, if you noticed something interesting you knew you could always go back and find it in the same place, I have given up trying to do that on Facebook, everything seems to move or disappear whenever I want to find it again. Also, on here, there was one place for all of the build-up projects, on Facebook you have to belong to several groups to get a cross-section of different builds, but they are then subjected to the "I can't find it again!" syndrome.

The last advantage of this place is that the close-knitted group of experts were able to smell a bull-****ter a mile away, Facebook just seems to attract them.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hot rod trimmer View Post
    as you know wayne i do instagram but even thats a bit too busy for me !!!!!!!! im confused as it is as i get messages via email . text . whats app , instagram , here as well as 2 cups and a bit of string its hard to keep track of every thing ..................... post its are my friend
    I totally get you on this one Chris, multiple pages on FB (and most have the same people on) Insta, what’s app etc, it’s bad enough keeping up with 1 page or social but having 10 off various sites and pages leaves little time for anything else, and all you seem to do is repeat the same stuff over and over to the same people on different outlets!!!
    Maybe we’re just getting old as well.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by English Impala View Post

The last advantage of this place is that the close-knitted group of experts were able to smell a bull-****ter a mile away, Facebook just seems to attract them.
    From the other side of that it means that questions can be asked, opinions sought and, if you’ve really ****ed up you can be in the knowledge that you’re being called a **** by someone who actually knows what they’re talking about and it’s all taken in good faith....a superb learning tool because there’s always someone on here who knows what they’re talking about. Facebook and it’s google keyboard warriors are a different matter and it would be easy to be lead down a rabbit hole of mis-information.
    This place will always be my go to for tech, fun and complete irreverence!

7. Likesfozwanger, kapri liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hot rod trimmer View Post
    2 cups and a bit of string its hard to keep track of every thing ..................... post its are my friend
    2 cups and a bit of string, I say ole chappie that's a bit upper class, most of us on here have to use 2 bake bean cans and a bit of string.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those that live out in the sticks, like me, our internet speed is still horrendous on everything,
    with lots of buffering on the likes of youtube.
    ...old enough to know better !!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brading View Post
    2 cups and a bit of string, I say ole chappie that's a bit upper class, most of us on here have to use 2 bake bean cans and a bit of string.
    must got my lines crossed
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

11. Likesbrading, choppedblownpop liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by English Impala View Post
    yep and they get called out on it very quickly too, like it or not. you need thick skin when you start on a new (to you) forum while the regulars give you the once over, lol.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

13. Likeskapri liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    i've written all the different passwords for all the different websites and forums i use and i have over 20 different passwords. at least when 'the powers' decide we have to login again i know the password (i used to forget them as i stayed logged in to forums). agreed, never had an issue loading pics once i was shown how but also the pages are sometimes painfully slow to load up.
    neil.
    I have that as well although sometimes you cant cut and paste a password and have to write it in
    as far as time to load is concerned I find its ok on my Windows PC and Samsung phone but plays up in my old iPad....

As far as facebook is concerned ther must be at least three or four Zephyr Zodiac groups and all seem to have the same people, and hardly anyone uses the MK3 Zephyr Club forum...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information