Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magman View Post
    From the other side of that it means that questions can be asked, opinions sought and, if you’ve really ****ed up you can be in the knowledge that you’re being called a **** by someone who actually knows what they’re talking about and it’s all taken in good faith....a superb learning tool because there’s always someone on here who knows what they’re talking about. Facebook and it’s google keyboard warriors are a different matter and it would be easy to be lead down a rabbit hole of mis-information.
    This place will always be my go to for tech, fun and complete irreverence!
    Well said.

2. Likeschoppedblownpop liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored of looking on pages like 'classic cars and parts cornwall' to find it's filled with people trying to sell modern or pointless crap, like 2005 Audi parts... Surely there's Audi groups for that..?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Dippus Shittus

I know Latin.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I have that as well although sometimes you cant cut and paste a password and have to write it in
    as far as time to load is concerned I find its ok on my Windows PC and Samsung phone but plays up in my old iPad....

As far as facebook is concerned ther must be at least three or four Zephyr Zodiac groups and all seem to have the same people, and hardly anyone uses the MK3 Zephyr Club forum...
    it's just laziness, you're on faceache seeing what everyone had for dinner etc so you just check out the 'groups' while you're there (and when i say you, i don't mean me as i don't do faceache). it's too much effort to type in another website.
    oh, and when i said write my passwords down i meant with pen and paper 'cos they always work and are always there.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Classic Barnfinds' on Facebook is a hoot - 99% of posts start with 'Not a Barnfind but . . . . . '

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    it's just laziness, you're on faceache seeing what everyone had for dinner etc so you just check out the 'groups' while you're there (and when i say you, i don't mean me as i don't do faceache). it's too much effort to type in another website.
    oh, and when i said write my passwords down i meant with pen and paper 'cos they always work and are always there.
    neil.
    Not just laziness, I can't read my own handwriting! Time was I used the same password for everything but the name of my first dog spelt backwards is "not secure enough"

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been ages since I was last on here...
    Back then, "Chat" was either moaning about the site, slagging off Facebook, showing off racist and bigoted opinions or explaining why, if you didn't agree with one's standpoint on Brexit, you were some sort of ****... At least that is how it could look at first glance, I heard similar from folk at events - 'twas easy to understand why if you never made it further than the hot topics on the "Chat" forum.
    Despite that, this is probably still the best site for garage builds, tech help, and the sheer volume of old pics, stories and the like are unmatched elsewhere. Facebook is great for "chatting", it's immediate, responsive and an absolute doddle to use. If you haven't used it you might be surprised. I find it really handy for keeping in touch with and sharing pic's with friends all over the country. But, it isn't anywhere near as good as a forum for long drawn out stories like car builds, where you want all the posts in one place. There's a definite place for both old style forums and newer social media, but both are unengaging rubbish if their users don't post any interesting content.
    Right, I'm going back to looking at pictures of cars...

9. LikesBig Joe, mygasser, rickbwigan, kapri liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to hear that it's not just me who finds the site slow to load but surely all good things are worth waiting for? I don't really know much about the history of the site or who-knows-who but I do know that my car wouldn't have got finished as quickly as it did without the awesome help I've had on here (Wayne and Kev in particular) and it wouldn't have had such a smooth ride with the DVLA without that man Kev, again . I'm only 45 but going on FB just makes me feel like an old git, I don't have the first idea what's going on or where stuff is, my own post's including, I'm gonna stay hiding on here...

11. LikesBig Joe liked this post
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie selectedgrub's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    Been ages since I was last on here...
    Back then, "Chat" was either moaning about the site, slagging off Facebook, showing off racist and bigoted opinions or explaining why, if you didn't agree with one's standpoint on Brexit, you were some sort of ****...
    Nothing has changed.

13. Likesrickbwigan liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information