Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

is it illegal to overtake an audi????

so there i am driving along the A17 not going very fast because lots of slow moving traffic & i'm driving a 17 year old peugeot patner, of the non turbo type...
    so anyway, traffic is doing about 40mph & just before the roundabout at gedney the road gets wider to become 2 lanes & its duel the othe side of the roundabout, so i go to the right hand lane past a few slow lorries & off up the duel section & pull into a gap in the slower lane, now in the front of the things i'd overtaken was a black audi estate a5 i think on a 13 plate with a roof box & some metal poles tied to the side of the roof box, now this duel vit of road is about haalf a mile long & at theend you can see traffic is at a stand still, so i slow up only for the sensible audi to come screaming bast me cut in & slam his breaks on just in time to jooin the stationary traffic, what a **** i thought.....
    as the traffic the started to moce it was going about 20mph. but the audi then decides to go much slower & when i get near slams the brakes on the zooms off , he then slows up again until i get near then brakes hard again,
    about a mile later there is a round about & i want to turn right so as i get near the road goes to 2 lanes so i pull out to get in the right lane & just as i am about to go past the audi he swerves to try to run me off the road into oncoming traffic.....
    as i passed the audi the guy was about 40 & looked the type of guy that could never give his wife an orgasm, , now is there some type of fumes given off by the aircon in an audi estate that turns the driver into a complete **** or is it illegall to overtake an audi???
    is it a german car thing as i've long suspected that no bmw built in the last 10 years is fitted with indicators??

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

See, I told you I was sic ColinHD's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You clearly weren't listening when you took those driving lessons, many years ago!

Highway Code: 1989 Section C, Part 3, Subsection A, Rule 5071:
    "when driving an older vehicle, you are forbidden to overtake an newer vehicle"

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    but in a not turbo diesel van there are so few things i get a chance to overtake, so he must have been going slow for me to get passed him.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get that sort of reaction when I'm in my Disco. It's amazing how many people think they can bully me when they're driving a shoebox.
    It doesn't take them long to realise that they're going to lose
    http://www.enigmaracing.co.uk

A work in progress....

Official RnS Addict SpencerMoparFan's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to drive the Peterbilt from the film Duel

( not the 4 door Valliant ! )

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my most fun was had driving an old brush painted Chevette with rusty wings and bright blue Dulux scallops. Only once got 'challenged' over THEM doing stupid **** .

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a few, including the pokey ones tailgate me up to the local duel carriageway, would watch them jockey and tee themselves up on the roundabout as we exit only to get hung out to dry as I hurtle up the inner lane with a deminishing ring of audi circles in the rear view. Lol
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least 50% of Audi drivers are knobs.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i had a orange 'tanned' middle aged couple in a shogun overtake me and cut in front to get into a non existent gap. then when traffic sped up and opened up to 2 lanes i drove past them and a line of cars that didn't speed up. they obviously didn't like being overtaken and pulled out sitting right on my back bumper. i told the wife to get ready and did an emergency stop which had the poor shogun wheels locked up. i drove off before they hit me chuckling to myself, then keeping my speed i pulled over when there was a gap only to have them go past with her wrinkly, boney 'tanned' fingers waving abuse for what i don't know must've flat spotted all 4 tyres by the amount of smoke though
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every month or so I have a 400 mile, mainly motorway drive. The return lap is against the clock as have a ferry to catch.... Mannnn .. do the snowflakes in their boxes hate being overtaken by an '86 Volvo 240 estate. (quite easy if you just drive with a bit of anticipation and common sense)
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information