Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There really are some bellends on the roads, and as a BMW driver who enjoys defying expectations by letting people in, driving within the speed limit in urban areas and occasionally indicating before turns, (my 330d is a 55 reg so was actually fitted with indicators as an option by a particularly perverse former owner), I can confirm from personal experience that Audi drivers are pretty much universally ****s.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict Mr used car guy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Audi vorsprung durch dickhead .. But it ain`t just German car drivers is it it`s pretty much most drives. No consideration, no manners, no common sense, no thought for anyone else and generally no ****ing ability. It seems our roads are full of angry selfish drivers.
    Electric .... that's for kettles innit

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    its hard not to overtake an audi around here in the heart of silicon valley that & tesla,s are all you see apart from the occasional ferrari or lambo generally driven by under 30 yr olds or over 50,s . RAY A in sf

Official RnS Addict Cragarsarecool's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pretty new A6 Allroad and I'm always being challenged - it's nice to drop into econ mode and watch the ****ers over take me knowing full well I can blow their doors off if I want to - but, with Radio 6M on and the air con on its quite nice to waft around - naturally using my mirror, indicators and letting people out. Not all Audi drivers are ****s - granted, plenty are....

But then, the BM driver I saw on the M25 yesterday morning coming off at the A12 turn off, weaving in and out, under taking generally being a total cock and at ridiculously excessive speeds......

Or the bloke in the Focus, determined to overtake me along the long 2-mile straight between our two local villages. Must admit I was pressing on a bit cos I wanted to get home - he passed me doing well over 100 in the dark! Go on then mate, yep you can wind your Focus up and likely kill yourself although probably some poor innocent going the other way, to prove some petty point!

Best experience though is driving my Vivaro - it's so slow; it's great simply watching all the, not just German-driving bell ends but Jag drivers; in fact all sorts, pushing, jostling for position - really quite amusing.

I have come to the conclusion, it's not worth driving fast, nor trying to race anyone because there's always someone in something else; whether fast, big, whatever that's got more ability to red-mist, remove brain and prove they can do it faster, quicker, slicker, whatever, than you can. What a world we live in today - people gagging to shout at you for doing the most minor of misdemeanour's......

No one reports on the courtesy though, the people that smile and let you out.....
    The Original Terry Fuckwit...

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a different note, my son bought a new TT when he was 19 and has all sorts of ****ers giving him finger signs when he passes them on the Edinburgh bypass when they are ****ing about at 50 in a 70 limit, and often hogging the outside lane at that! He had it only 10 days when a scrote in a battered lowered noisy Honda overtook him on a roundabout and then tried to take the exit prior to the one my son wanted and side swiped him right on the driver's door. WTF? He was in the wrong lane and all he had to do was go round again but no, he decided to take my son out. Tosser driving scrap! Bad luck last year, a pheasant flew out in front and damaged the bumper/grille. He's changing it this year, probably for another Audi as the sales and service is top notch in Stirling and he got a ****ing good deal on the TT. Daughter bought a new A1 on the same day, well actually it was her who was in buying the A1 when my lad asked for a costing on a TT, thinking he wouldn't be able to afford it as he'd been looking at Suzuki Swifts amongt others, but the deal on the TT couldn't be refused, hence why he bought it. He's wanting something more practical now as he needs to be able to take turns at taking his mates when they go snow boarding and camping, but it's likely to be another Audi, either an A3 saloon or a Q3/Q5. We were impressed enough with the TT that my daughter is getting one now. It's being built soon so she will get it in September. The deal she got out of the salesman was unbelievable this time round.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, to answer the original question. Yes, it usually IS illegal to overtake an Audi.............................. 'cause they are usually travelling AT or ABOVE the legal speed limit anyways

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    To Quote a good friend,
    "BMW owners drive as if there's no one else on the road,
    Audi owners drive to be in front of the BMW's
    and Mercedes owners drive as if they own the road!"
    Now I have a Mitsubishi and slot in where I can

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I have similar problems but usually from van drivers. And usually when I'm driving my Audi.
    Stiffspeed on Facebook
    Stiffspeed.Tumblr
    We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
    for what could be, the darkest age...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well as we have 2 mercs 2 audis and 2 jags i guess wee better get a bmw so we're total ****s then

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    But as a redeemer my wife has a 57 Chevy that she's owned for 24 years and my son is building a 41 Ford Coupe and i just got a kool '55 Chevy wrecker from Ray A that I'll use almost daily after it arrives

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information