Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Low Expectations's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah thats the one. Its not looking so bright at the moment. But will shine again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Stay cool, admit nothing Dig these feet's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Expectations View Post
    Yeah thats the one.
    Very nice. Good luck with it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

The Morry alongside was the other one ( Tootalls ) chopped at the same time. It was done as an exhibition at the Nationals . We'd (UKK as I was back then ) chopped Rupe Chambers Hudson in one day at the Nats a couple of years previously and thought "what's better than chopping one car ? Why, chopping 2 of course"
    What was meant to happen was 2 Morrys were to be chopped in 2 different styles. It was all arranged but the other one broke down on the way there and had to be recovered home.

Taff made the mistake of leaving his keys in his car and the rest is history

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    found it .... looks like a good project for the winter , glad its getting the attention it deserves

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUSTIN-A50-CAM...item2c51f1dc79

Official RnS Addict falfasrevenge's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Know the car well.............Monkey's. Good luck.
    F**k the Circus !!!!

Official RnS Addict UK RUSS 1960 OLDS's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Expectations View Post
    Hi all. Only reacently joined this site, and i've just bought a Kustom. The A50 that was on evilbay. Very excited. Don't know how i'm going to pick it up yet! AS it isn't taxed or mot'd. Anyone from bristol coming up to bedford in a low loader would be handy??? I allready have a few plans for it. Mainly just to tidy it up a bit (i know its a rat but i don't like it quite so scruffy) paint it satin black rather than the mat black and green slime its at the moment And get it road worthy. I'll keep you posted
    Hi Low Expectations,

If i remember correctly this was for sale about a year or so back also on ebay.

I did consider having a punt at it myself but space was at a premium as it generaly is around here.

Good luck with getting it all sorted, hope to see it at one of the shows next year if turns out not to much work.

Cheers.

Russ.

Pinstriperist
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you need info on the car give me a shout and I can put you in touch with 2 of the previous owners. Taff is on here, he owned it when it was chopped, can also put you in touch with Andy who put the Pinto in it. I have a bunch of pics from the chop around here somewhere too.
    Good to see it's going to be put back on the road.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Low Expectations;66726]All i know about this one is what was listed on ebay. Its been chopped couped and lowered all by UK Kustoms. Was done in 2002. Allways been matt black. Got a 2.0l pinto engine (sierra) and 5 speed box.quote]

not strictly true it was my old car, i've got shed loads of pics of it, and will happily fill you in on as much detail as i can.

I got the car by swapping it for the number plate on my old Cresta, and she was bone stock at the time, that would have been early 2002. I only took her to the Nats as my Cresta blew out a piston about fortnight befroe hand. I had two weeks to get her into mild kustom state and actually drove her to the Nats with the paint still tacky. A Kev said, it stood in for a missing Moggy minor at the 2002 Nats. It was stripped out on the saturday by the UKK, and went on the UKK cruise on saturday night with just the front seats fitted, nothing else, not even a windscreen.
    It was painted in UN white at the time (I was still in the Army, and we had some left over pre Bosnia tour!), and we chopped it 4 inches at the B piller. I still have the 4 inch's of B piller we took out, I made it into a key ring for my garage keys.
    The rear doors were welded shut, and the B piller left upright. The roof was moved forward to keep the A pillers at the stock rake, and the rear screen was trimmed out and leant forward to meet the roof's new location. The gaps in the sail panels were filled using parts of Jon Rickards Amazon parts car (door skins I think?)
    The whole club mucked in during the day, with the bulk of the work done by Mike Wareham and Dave Potts. Both Mike and Dave signed the inside of the roof above the drivers seat, which is still there but hidden under the headliner.
    I drove the car home from the Nats with a temp widscreen fitted, and spent the next 2 weeks finishing off the chop bodywork, before spraying it matt lime green with really badly drawn black flames. This was how it spent most of it's time with me. Her name was Broken English
    The running gear was left completely stock while I had it, though it had a habit of blowing up engines. I found a stock of motors in Kookie's garage, and I think I swapped them over four times in one year.
    Wheels were austin 15 inch up front and datsun 13 inch at the rear, with crossplies and whitewalls, though it now wears radials I think. The front springs were replaced with A60 commercial springs (thicker that saloon car springs) and chopped by one coil, giving me about 2 inches of drop. I think it had 4 inch blocks out back.
    I used it as a daily for three years, and did about 20,000 miles in that time. The mileometer didn't work, tho the trip meter did, so I makred every thousand miles off with a marker pen on the dash.
    I sold it to Andy Lacey in September 2005, he fitted the Pinto motor and box (third time he has done that conversion) and sprayed her black.

I'll scan some pics for you later, if you want to get in touch my mobile is 07725 198620
    Cheers, Taff
    Last edited by Taff; 05-12-2009 at 11:18. Reason: mong spelling
    A bullet might have your name on it, hand grenades are addressed "to whom it may concern......."

You can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    found the pics

stocker

chopping, thats me in the baseball hat. note TooTall's Moggy in the bakground of the pics

Mike (foreground) and Dave (behind him) hard at work

finishing off, note how empty the showground is now. this would have been about 7pm by now

me and my prize for best chop of the day! note grumpy face, I had a monster hangover

before and after pics

then green and flamed

I have a load more pics of the chop, plus pics of it being finished off at home, but they are pics, not digi images and will need scanning, mate
    A bullet might have your name on it, hand grenades are addressed "to whom it may concern......."

You can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition.

11. Likesstu460 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taff, can you imagine anyone being allowed to do that now due to H&S ?

Golden days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information