Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Taff, can you imagine anyone being allowed to do that now due to H&S ?

Golden days
    would they know how to

chequebook kings

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Semi Proffessional Prat sidspop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Hi there, good luck with the car, when you do get it.
    Just a quick word of warning!
    Send logbook off, wait for logbook to return, and then SORN it. Do not try to Sorn it before your name is on logbook.

Andy

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Low Expectations's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow its great to learn some history of the car. Looked cool in green with black flames. Got a few ideas in my head of how i want it to look. Nothing rad just satin black. Would like a sunvisor for it and a few little bits and pieces. Untill i get it home and see whats what with it, then i'll know what to do with it. Still havn't worked out how to get it home yet Lol.

Pass the lump hammer Blown 100e's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Expectations View Post
    Wow its great to learn some history of the car. Looked cool in green with black flames. Got a few ideas in my head of how i want it to look. Nothing rad just satin black. Would like a sunvisor for it and a few little bits and pieces. Untill i get it home and see whats what with it, then i'll know what to do with it. Still havn't worked out how to get it home yet Lol.
    my bold. I measured it up for a sunvisor once, and If memory serves a 100E one will fit, the three piece type with a centre section.
    A bullet might have your name on it, hand grenades are addressed "to whom it may concern......."

You can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Taff, can you imagine anyone being allowed to do that now due to H&S ?

Golden days
    Kev, the idea was touted very briefly with Ratty when he had a 100E a few years ago, this time at Billing. I believe the NSRA were not exactly enthralled about the idea of all those pikey's, sorry, day visiters, getting showered in sparks LOL!
    A bullet might have your name on it, hand grenades are addressed "to whom it may concern......."

You can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Blown 100e. I have bought an A frame. Figured by A frame, get car home, sell A frame. So shouldn't cost too much more than the diesel i use to get it home.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

She's home.

After an epic journey of small catastrophies she's nearly home. 5 hours after leaving Bristol. She's parked on the road opposite my driveway. Thought i'd be able to get her running so i could get her up my drive. Buggard if i can get her started . Pretty sure its a fuel problem as she will fire up on easy start? She's got a 2.0l pinto with webber carb (standard i think?). There are 2 fuel pipes that come up to the carb and i think 1 of them is blocked, well i can't blow or suck anything through it? Have tried rigging up a small lawnmower fuel tank to carb and still nothing. So have given up for tonight. I'm not to hot on mechanics so not sure what to try next? and i really need to get her moved up onto the drive asap.
    So this is my start to owning a Kustom. What have i let myself in for . Have also found speedo, wipers, indicators don't work

Official RnS Addict UK RUSS 1960 OLDS's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Expectations View Post
    After an epic journey of small catastrophies she's nearly home. 5 hours after leaving Bristol. She's parked on the road opposite my driveway. Thought i'd be able to get her running so i could get her up my drive. Buggard if i can get her started . Pretty sure its a fuel problem as she will fire up on easy start? She's got a 2.0l pinto with webber carb (standard i think?). There are 2 fuel pipes that come up to the carb and i think 1 of them is blocked, well i can't blow or suck anything through it? Have tried rigging up a small lawnmower fuel tank to carb and still nothing. So have given up for tonight. I'm not to hot on mechanics so not sure what to try next? and i really need to get her moved up onto the drive asap.
    So this is my start to owning a Kustom. What have i let myself in for . Have also found speedo, wipers, indicators don't work
    Hi Low Expectations,

You say it has a Webber carb i am assuming it is a twin choke. With the air filter off if you fully open the throttle you should see a squirt of fuel go into the carb each time you do this if not i would be inclined to whip the top of the carburretor off just to check the float has not got stuck in the closed position and also check that the needle valve is clear.

I think this would be as good a starting point as any, it is a bit difficult to make other suggestions without knowing exactly what you have fitted on the car. You are more than welcome to give me a call if you think i may be of some help to you.

Cheers.

Russ. 07762 - 747643.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Russ. I'll investigate in the morning (i'll have to get early and have a look before work lol). From what i could see it is a twinn choke and its not squirting anything, So will be a good starting point. Cheers Danny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information