Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    an obvious but often overlooked thing is i don't suppose it's got thick floormats that stop the pedal going all the way to the floor?
    also are you getting full travel of the master cylinder, ie could you extend the pedal pushrod to raise the pedal a bit and give you the bit extra needed?
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

2. Likes kapri liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is when I really miss being out on the road repping in the motor trade . Used to be great gaining knowledge from those who had overcome these problems. I had some very clever blokes in garages around here .

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Got the daughter a cracking KIA RIO 14 diesel.Same crack,I sent it to my local garage has i dont **** about with daily s,I just said put a clutch in it,When i picked it up .the chap said i hope you aint had a new clutch in it for the reason of the low bite,Because its just the same with a new clutch in.I was ****ed off but it was done on my say so.The mechanic said something about welding a small spacer on it 14 plate welding spacer on piston rod

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    many years ago i replaced a complete clutch on a Austin 1100 and it ended up worse than before i started even after adjusting everything was told by a main dealer to lengthen the push rod on the "hydraulic bit " s cylinder

7. Likes CRAIG liked this post
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a citroen BX with the same problem, and after a complete new genuine clutch, then a cable, it turned out that the pedal box was flexing a bit because of a tiny split, causing the lost travel. That car was about a year old at the time. All the others I did were caused by master cylinder problems or pivot pins wearing through the release arms.

If the pushrod being extended cures the problem when nothing else has, then that's the way to go IMHO.

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had this problem with my Kia ceed . It was the master cylinder . But even fitings a new one it doesn't seem to move much fluid . Was very hard to bleed was going to make up my own with aftermarket master cylinder . But it's been working ok

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for the record. Has the clutch operates the clutch fork bends ever so slightly.

The system has no adjustment and relies on the Slave cylinder taking up the slack in the arm.

The cure is to remove the box straighten and strengthen the clutch fork and build it all back up.

The bodge is to lengthen the slave cylinder rod by 10mm which moves the biting point making it a little more drivable.

This is based on actual work carried out and not the GOOGLE WORKSHOP.

DC
    ITS NOT WHAT YOU DRIVE ITS HOW GOOD YOU LOOK IN IT

11. Likes English Impala liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information