Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

kids at the NASC nats reason for charge

this is a link to the Nasc website and the reasons for the change in kids entry to the nats,

http://www.rodandcustom.co.uk/news_natschild.html
    most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank,
    Ben Irwin

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Pinstriperist
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like fair comment to me. I know it's a pain - I have kids myself - but it's also a reality.

Dragging not Bragging vince-305's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its understandable and a shame that a few can ruin it for all

I'm just glad that my 4 kids are not involved (with any of the unsavoriness)
    Bit'z 'N' Piece's
    Ford consul mk2 chevy powered highrider

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    most of the kids i see there are 'chavvy' looking little so and so's and act like it, where are the parents when there kids are messing about, i'll tell you where they are, they are in their tents or caravans ****ed up! it's as though the nasc get's turned into a 'baby sitting' service for the weekend, it's the 'go and get ****ed we are at a show you will all be alright' mentality that let's the kids do what they want, the parents don't give a damn so why should the kids, it's the council estate syndrome that kicks in, you know it aint ours so let's break it syndrome...ban kids altogether why do we need them at shows anyway! i go to car shows get the tent set up only to have the chavvy tossers and their 'couldn't give a damn' parents pitch up next to me....and why do they always call their kids chantelle or paris or chenise or mercedes!!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cymru View Post
    most of the kids i see there are 'chavvy' looking little so and so's and act like it, where are the parents when there kids are messing about, i'll tell you where they are, they are in their tents or caravans ****ed up! it's as though the nasc get's turned into a 'baby sitting' service for the weekend, it's the 'go and get ****ed we are at a show you will all be alright' mentality that let's the kids do what they want, the parents don't give a damn so why should the kids, it's the council estate syndrome that kicks in, you know it aint ours so let's break it syndrome...ban kids altogether why do we need them at shows anyway! i go to car shows get the tent set up only to have the chavvy tossers and their 'couldn't give a damn' parents pitch up next to me....and why do they always call their kids chantelle or paris or chenise or mercedes!!!
    Thats a bit harsh towards council estates, you cant tar everyone with the same brush, it happens through all walks of life. i havnt got the answer, but i think banning kids will cut the longievity of our hobby, some of these kids will go on to build some great rods

Dragging not Bragging vince-305's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by cymru View Post
    You are having a larff aint ya ????

I know that your entitled to your opinions but with opinions like that Id keep erm to yourself

I have re written this numerous times as to not offend

TEA TOTAL PARENT OF 4 KIDS
    Last edited by vince-305; 06-08-2009 at 10:52.
    Bit'z 'N' Piece's
    Ford consul mk2 chevy powered highrider

Official RnS Addict Hot Rod Widow's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by capriac View Post
    Thats a bit harsh towards council estates, you cant tar everyone with the same brush, it happens through all walks of life. i havnt got the answer, but i think banning kids will cut the longievity of our hobby, some of these kids will go on to build some great rods

Ditto from me, so everyone that causes trouble is from a council estate... think not.....as for it being kids who are causing trouble drinking etc, I think not too ... seen plenty of adults do the same at a show, only been on the scene 4 years, but taken my daughter to most weekend shows that we have attended, she has witnessed many a drunk at shows, one we still laugh at, she was 12 at the time, we were watching this couple arm in arm walking or should I say holding each other up, it was during the day we both said together surely they not going to walk into that wall, and low and behold they did, they bounced off and carried on walking... This couple in particular were "older" no tatoos dressed very nicely so doubt if they came from a council estate.....Its the same with the toilets, its only those who use them... but we wont go there....

Lee
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the NASC's sentiments entirely.
    The nats is a car show for car people, not a funfair for the local chavs.
    When there's loads of trouble/theft/vandalism it will be the NASC who gets blamed.
    It's a shame that the genuine visitors and their kids have to stand the extra cost, but if it keeps the scum out it's worth it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like it had to be done to try and keep some kids in check.

I've seen groups of 'pre-teens' I'd say, going bonkers and trashing the utility blocks at the showground.

When me and the ex held a huge queens Golden Jubilee Party in 2002 it went fine and dandy all day long.
    Sure the growed ups got lashed and danced about spilling food and booze everywhere.
    The kids having been left unchecked for hours eventually turned crazy. Dunno if it was the excitement or too much sugary pop, but I saw a change in em and they just became wanton vandals running around trashing anything out of adults view.
    Hmm, maybe the kids saw the adults cutting loose and then decided to 'express' themselves too!? who knows, kids will be kids.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hot rod widow I know what your sayin BUT you cant have a pop bout taring with the same brush and then say they had no tatoos and dressed nicely so you dought they came from a council estate!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information