Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Loss of old freinds

Feeling very ****ed off as old friends pass away, almost this time last year I lost a good friend of 40 years , then a few weeks ago lost another from the same group who`s funeral is next week so there I am preparing myself for it when came blow no 3, on Mon eve another suddenly left us
    All between 50-70 WTF, RIP Brothers

I know it doesn't mean much to others , my heads ****ed and ime just shouting out

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain as i to have lost many good friends sadly the pain never goes away it just dulls, i often hear a old song and it reminds me of them but just remember the good times you had with them it does help

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not many of us left now, we were as family always there for each other , my food was their food money didn't matter we would buy beers share parts , different world back then

Thanks

Dave

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i know how you feel dave , most of my longtime close friends are gone but i never forget them & as someone said evry now & then you hear a certain song or i,m in a certain neighbourhood & it brings it all right back this time of year especially for me every year for the last 30yrs we have a christmas party at out house & its about now we start sending out the invites its always the same group of people & then you realize how many wont be coming , i remember my dad telling me on one of my trips back home he spends a lot of time lately going to funerals never though much of it at the time but now i,m there too , all the best mate
    RAY A .

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie Austin Martin's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately at this age it all starts to come home to roost; buried a friend who I've know from school last month, he lived the rock'n'roll lifestyle, and paid the price, it makes me reassess what I need to do (or not do) to be there for my kids he was 57.
    Just a passer by as you might say.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Martin View Post
    Unfortunately at this age it all starts to come home to roost; buried a friend who I've know from school last month, he lived the rock'n'roll lifestyle, and paid the price, it makes me reassess what I need to do (or not do) to be there for my kids he was 57.
    Yes, the sands of time........talking of rockn'roll lifestyle, I read an article recently about Ron Wood, the Stones guitarist. He's 72, done every substance known to man, now got a 41 year old wife and a couple of small kids, so is now on the straight and narrow......being a parent in older age certainly makes you re-assess things.

Official RnS Addict legendlives's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be 60 next year, and over the last few years a lot of friends and acquaintances have passed on. I guess we're all growing older and inevitably the older we get the more that mortality shows its ugly head. I know it's a well-worn cliche but you have to make the most of every minute. It's difficult when you work for a living and have to balance the bills, but life will be over all too soon.
    When I was working in the 'States they had a saying - "The Americans work to live and the English live to work". Very true in my experience, but you have to wonder how long your boss would mourn you.
    Get out there. Live a little. Despite what we're constantly told I don't believe it's ever too late to try something new.

9. Likessjb liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lost a few mates over the years from accidents or drugs but this year lost my best mate of 30 odd years, he was only 48 with three girls of 22,14 and 11. I lived with his family when we were kids his dad passed six years ago now his mum has lost them both. So sad seeing her in such pain.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information