Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  23
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    and even if you can fix it yourself on some cars you still have to go to a "main dealer" to have the fault code removed like others on here have said why do you need it to turn the lights on the wipers on and park it self ect if your that fecking lazy get on a bus lol

2. Likeskapri, 35kid liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ONLY reason I have a new ish van (‘06 Connect )morning is for work, ladders etc. The mustang and Stude get used otherwise.

Unless you do loads of miles, classics are totally usable. The misses will probably have a new ish **** box to use just incase.

It’s more about adjusting your thinking. Any higher petrol consumption is negated by a lack of depreciation and expensive **** going wrong with modern cars.

Epy
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Cant even top up the oil on the new Mitsubishi pickup without plugging it in to tell the ecu its got a new oil level............crazy!!!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Epy View Post
    Cant even top up the oil on the new Mitsubishi pickup without plugging it in to tell the ecu its got a new oil level............crazy!!!!
    it shouldn't be allowed - the same as service light or warning light having to be put out by a main dealer because a part has been changed - these kind of issues should be legislated against, of course they wont be though.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    They WERE legislated against in athing called Block Exemption which allowed independent garages access to all tech info so the main dealers didn't have a monopoly . Although, after a fight, that was renewed the manufacturers are now locking access to ports ( they have to have a port by law) or using software only they can provide.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somehow i didn't expect owt else. A wise old academic at college decades ago said "one day you won't even be able to open the bonnet!". Probably not far off now.

As an aside, my friend in Spain has finally resolved the constant limp mode in her UK 2000 XK8.
    My cheapo scanner said 'catastrophic electrical failure'.
    Local Brit garage replaced her battery with an ill fitting one, didn't fix but still charged her.
    She tried a Spanish garage, they changed the alternator. Not fixed, sent her away.
    Meanwhile serpentine belt shredded, new one fitted.
    €500 down and still dropping in to limp mode.

Found a premium Brit garage near Alicante with a Jag scannner.
    The fecking centre dash dials were faulty!!! WTF
    Either the clock, temp or oil gauge were broke triggering a catastrophic melt down.
    Used set sourced from UK, serpentine belt replaced again as they had not replaced the tensioner and it was rattling.
    Another €850 later and car runs like a top. Dear oh dear.

Sounds like it all started to go bad at the turn of the century when cars got 'brains'.
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Sounds like it all started to go bad at the turn of the century when cars got 'brains'.
    One of my dailies (if you run older stuff it helps to have a Plan B ) is a '99 Cherokee and even that has a ridiculous mount of electronics including a coded ignition key and imobliser system. It is the newest (as in latest) vehicle I have ever owned but still owes me far less than you'd lose a day after driving a new car out of the showroom.
    Screw EU

Epy
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Kustom Jim;4553897]Somehow i didn't expect owt else. A wise old academic at college decades ago said "one day you won't even be able to open the bonnet!". Probably not far off now.

Funny you should say that, Fiat actually did that, it was a dealer only opening, with the fluids been accessed by a little panel in the scuttle. The motor trades association stopped it going ahead............but for how long?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Epy;4553975]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Jim View Post
    Somehow i didn't expect owt else. A wise old academic at college decades ago said "one day you won't even be able to open the bonnet!". Probably not far off now.

Funny you should say that, Fiat actually did that, it was a dealer only opening, with the fluids been accessed by a little panel in the scuttle. The motor trades association stopped it going ahead............but for how long?
    I wonder how that would go down in a driving test, as I believe as part of the new test you have to open the bonnet and point out various engine parts etc.

Epy
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Big Joe;4554015]
    Quote Originally Posted by Epy View Post

I wonder how that would go down in a driving test, as I believe as part of the new test you have to open the bonnet and point out various engine parts etc.
    Probably same as the electric handbrake, can't be used on a test.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information