Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NASC NATs

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

NASC NATs

it seems the NASC are charging £10 per child for entry into the Nats this year for the weekend (used to be free) this means that if you are not a member and don't pre enter it will cost you £120 for two adults and two children!
    guess thats £120 of my hard earned they won't be getting.

shame really as its a good family show.
    most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank,
    Ben Irwin

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

SmileAlternatives...

Mind having said that an Ipswich campsite up the road for 2+2 for the same weekend is 92 quid '+' if you got dogs and trailer etc.
    Entertainment Saturday Nite is the Kamikaze Disco and on Sunday the Kamikaze Karaoke.

http://www.orwellmeadows.co.uk/Frames.htm

Nowt's cheap nowadays.

Know where I'm going
    Worth the loot for the V8 dawn chorus!

Dragging not Bragging vince-305's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had arranged a sitter for my 4 children before id found out about this years NEW child charges but I personly will be seeing what they're going to put on for them for the charge

If anything like last year there will be a lot of people asking WHY
    Bit'z 'N' Piece's
    Ford consul mk2 chevy powered highrider

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vince-305 View Post
    I had arranged a sitter for my 4 children before id found out about this years NEW child charges but I personly will be seeing what they're going to put on for them for the charge

If anything like last year there will be a lot of people asking WHY
    i have e-mailed the chairman and vice chairman of the NASC asking them why, but have had no reply yet,

andy
    Ben Irwin

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told the main reason is families bringing their kids and all their friends kids because for them, it was free. Most of the problems and time taken up by the organisers was over children. Extra staff had been hired to help out with this.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the NASC put more on for the kids then maybe there would be less problems (not that i've witnessed any anyway) i would happily pay the entry for kids if there was something put on for them.
    sitting indoors colouring in pictures was ok when they were little but now they are a bit older that just doesn't cut it.
    most rodders are a bit older nowadays and most of us have kids in fact a lot of the kids have two sets of friends, one at home and one at the shows they have grown up going to.
    some small shows i go to seem to make more effort for kids and don't charge for them, 1066 for instance, wheels day even has a small fair, but what has one of the biggest shows in the country got? nothing and now they want to charge for it.

andy

ps
    still no reply to my emails to the NASC
    Ben Irwin

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

QuestionNASC NATs

For what it is worth the last time I went to the Supernats I paid £80 to get in. Not a lot happening Friday night. Went on a cruise?? up and down the A1 to US Automotive where we had to queue for over an hour for a pig burger as the 32 Fords went first followed by the Pops and then The Model T's. Saturday night in the marquee not much more atmosphere than the moon. Sunday lines of 32's, Pops and Model T's pretty much like a Cortina owners club(same car over and over). Went to the Nats, place was buzzing from the word go, entertainment through the night and some of the day, great cruise and a wide and varied selection of random cars over 4 days. Not loads for kids at either show but how do you cater for kids of 13+ who want to be treated as adults and are not interested in anything put on for them as it is "childish" and boring.
    Don't agree with the charge for kids though as even Santa Pod let two under 16's go free, so maybe that would be a better idea

[url=http://www.nobrain.d NoJive 55's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delray I'm on your side all the way kids should go in Free.......there's no dough about that in my mind....But until we here the other side of the story from you know who we cant make a judgement ..so do let us know if they reply to your mail to them....
    I'm not coming down on there side but You ever wonder what it cost to run the Nats,...Etc.

You find the money Del and take your Kids .....it well be the best money you've spend
    Plss keep us infromed on there reply to ..if you dont get one E-Mail them again

Good Luck

Bob.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having actually seen the NASC accounts (cos I'm a member) I can assure you it's not about profiteering. Stuff costs money , simple as that . You want extra stuff then that money has to come from somewhere. Many would find it an extreme eyeopener to actually find out what events of that size, NASC or NSRA, actually cost to put on .

The events cost the same to put on whether 10 or 10,000 turn up but if it's only 10 the host club better have charged them the right sort of money or it won't be on next year. What that means is the more that stay away because of the 'high' cost the dearer it will end up getting.

A genuine question how much does getting in compare to your petrol bill ( or beer bill!?) or the costs of actually building your car .

Lee
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd guess it's because the costs keep going up, so the money's got to come from somewhere. Also people probably bring hundreds of kids with them for a free day out.
    If they didn't charge entry for kids then the price for adults tickets would probably go up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information