Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WB54 View Post
    anything to do with dashboards, I ****ing hate working upside down, tight spaces, plastic fixings too many wires, **** never seems to be made to be disassembled, always break something or it rattles like **** when it goes back together. Hate it.
    And if it's a customers car where they have used the passenger footwell as a trash can

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NMNeil View Post
    And if it's a customers car where they have used the passenger footwell as a trash can
    Even back in the day when cars were supposed to be maintainable, getting behind dashboards was a pain. You'd have thought they could have had an arrangement where the dashboard unbolted from the car complete with instruments, switches etc. That is before the dash became a structural element of the car.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4potHemi View Post
    Even back in the day when cars were supposed to be maintainable, getting behind dashboards was a pain. You'd have thought they could have had an arrangement where the dashboard unbolted from the car complete with instruments, switches etc. That is before the dash became a structural element of the car.
    the entire dash unbolts from my valiant, lots of mopars come to that.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    not hot rod related but a niggly ****ty job that I ned to do some time............ changing the driver outer door handle on the wife's old X-Type. A pain in the arse and really stupid design where the handle lifts a metal rod which is through a plastic "nut" which is attached to the latch and the threaded rod strips throught the plastic resulting in the handle not working until it is fully lifted up... then with a bit of pressure, ... then it works sometimes... then the ****ing handle breaks on the inside. First time I had to do it I had to get rid of the metal "anti theft" moulding inside the door. I swear the *******s must fit this before they weld the skin on. Anyway, once out, I couldn't get it back in so the new handle got fitted and worked for a while until she broke the ****er again, so replaced it again and adjusted it, making an effort to prevent the rod from stripping through the nut, but recently it became a pain to open again. I told her not to yank at the handle, but lift it gently to full height and gently press the door inwards and it takes the presure off and the latch wll lift......................... sure as **** she broke it again, so another ebay search for a good one in the correct colour and now I need to fit it again. Another down side is that the interior panel suffers every time it is taken off as the plastic is so brittle. But, hey, bought the car 14 years ago for 8k, it's worth **** all now, but paintwise almost mint, interior wise still looks as good as the day we bought it... and total running costs incl purchase for 14 years... around £50 per month... excluding fuel and road tax. I'll fix the handle and keep it running for now.....

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alternator belt change and all pulleys and idlers on an X type diesel Jag....ugh. 1" chassis rail clearance , 4" inch bolt to get out

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarv8 View Post
    Alternator belt change and all pulleys and idlers on an X type diesel Jag....ugh. 1" chassis rail clearance , 4" inch bolt to get out
    yup, I hate working on anything modern... and I especially hate working inside doors, no fkin room to work and everything is "jaggy"........

Official RnS Addict plastic wiganer's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    just done an EGR on a 2012 Golf what a pain in the backside

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information