Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  26
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickjane2 View Post
    Talking to a guy who drives to and from Sweden three times a year from Kent, he uses a Tesla and says that you have to get into the routine of driving for three hours then take an hours break while it charges. He also confirmed that there are plenty of Tesla charging points all over Europe and free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, a mate here in the village has a Tesla. He's got a charging point in his garden, and I can confirm it's free top-ups at Tesla compatible stops (which are different to other electric vehicle pick up points). He drove to France on hol last year at nil fuel cost. Neck snapping acceleration, too.

I think in the future it won't be a rite of passage to have your own personal transport. They're saying many children aren't in a hurry to get a driving licence, probably because half of them go to uni etc and would have nowhere to put them. Because of the impracticalities (as kapri has flagged) and initial expensive it may be a shared ownership thing in the future, using one when you need it. A bit worrying Boris saying he wants to end petrol/diesel vehicle manufacture even earlier than he originally said. You can see this will have the knock on effect of fuel stations disappearing even faster, as they have been for the last few years. I remember when I first started out there were at least a couple in every suburb. If you ran out of fuel, you didn't have far to push!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So assume we all went out and got an electric car? So at 5pm to 7pm 25million people plug into to the grid. That wire between the pylons will have got so hot, the Pikies will be cutting up the wire on the ground. Where's the infrastructure for all this?

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just walking the dog a car round the corner was charging up.

House has no drive,and there's a path and grass area before you get to the road. So extension lead out of the house,across the path and grass to the car.

Charger plugged in and lying on the grass.

Thats going to work well once it rains
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The politicians all think we have semi detached houses with our own driveways . I doubt they ever seen the real world.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Just walking the dog a car round the corner was charging up.

House has no drive,and there's a path and grass area before you get to the road. So extension lead out of the house,across the path and grass to the car.

Charger plugged in and lying on the grass.

Thats going to work well once it rains
    and what happens if someone trips over the cable ?

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hydrogen is the way to go and I believe Toyota have cracked it. The MET are using twelve Hydrogen Toyota police cars around London just to see if they are viable

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    and what happens if someone trips over the cable ?
    To be fair,they did have a proper cable cover over it on the path bit.
    Rod/custom/drag build profiles:
    Mini | Pop | Porker | Trike | Morris 8

| 48 chevy coupe | ford f100 | tube chassis,d pop

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickjane2 View Post
    Hydrogen is the way to go and I believe Toyota have cracked it. The MET are using twelve Hydrogen Toyota police cars around London just to see if they are viable

Just thinking of how big the bang would be if they had a serious rear-ender! As an aside, is anybody else old enough to remember when publicly owned vehicles were and/or had to be British?

10. Likes chevy liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4potHemi View Post
    Just thinking of how big the bang would be if they had a serious rear-ender! As an aside, is anybody else old enough to remember when publicly owned vehicles were and/or had to be British?
    No bigger than with a car with a petrol tank that’s nearly empty and full of fumes!
    The hydrogen tanks have to have very thick walls due to the nature of hydrogen molecules, basically the damn things fall through most things because they’re one of the smallest molecules around and they fit in the ‘gaps’ in the structure of storage containers.
    The tanks are pretty much bullet proof because of this so that helps with the avoiding explosions side of things.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I'd took a pictureof the Tesla that was running at the Pod the other week, it was plugged into a bloody big diesel generator, ironic or what?
    It was running about 12.4 on the quarter which is quite quick but not the warp factor speed that they reckon they have and you can bet it was messed with and not standard.
    It's only funny till someone gets hurt..........then it's friggin' hilarious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information