Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  32
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember when brand new cars didn't have stereos, elec windows or even heated rear windows!! some didn't have carpet just a massive rubber mat

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colt 45 and 'breaker' american lager

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigknickers View Post
    Remember when brand new cars didn't have stereos, elec windows or even heated rear windows!! some didn't have carpet just a massive rubber mat
    .....and they were fixable at home!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday morning Pictures
    At a very early age I am guessing around 10 yrs old got given some money by my mum or dad (possibly 10p) not sure and off I went on my own or with a mate to the local corner shop and got a 1/4 of cola cubes then off to the pictures (cinema) payed to get in got a kiora orange drink and watch champion the wonder horse and I think skippy films, 4 hrs later retuned home all safe and sound not had any drugs not joined a gang and not got touched up by a peado .......happy days.
    Last edited by Yella f100; 17-10-2020 at 19:23.

6. Likes chevrolet50, chrisb, brading, hotrodboy liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I worked in a BL garage in the late seventies and our MD had a mate that was selling these cheap stereo cassette players, Amstrad was the brand name and guess who the wide boy selling them was ....
    We fitted one free with every new car and we're taking them out as fast as we could because they were chewing all the customers cassettes up....
    When I work in the garage in the late 80's there used to be a bloke come round in a yellow (Ex BT?) Bedford CF flogging cheap stereos, aerials and speakers, maybe plastic wheeltrims as well. Can't remember if it was him or someone else that sold the 'Osio' brand, I've still got the sticker on my Snap-On tool box.
    50 shades of grey primer....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Savage Wheel trims/Hubcaps

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That takes me back. A teacher at college announced proudly he'd bought a brown Volvo with alloys. We dashed outside to find it had Savage trims. How we lol'd

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Folks cooing over Choppers, Chippers, Gileras and Fizzys. Pah!! posh kids, we only had whatever bike had the weakest padlock

First proper bike was a Mobylette to get me from Wandsworth to Hammersmith. Getting back home I use to love giving it a flogging up the infamous Trinity Road. Never quite hit 40 but man it was fast coupla years later that road was getting stomped by roaring big blocks happy days

A friend still has her golliwog keyring. Leave that one here
    "We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again."

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Used to go to the pictures on a Saturday morning, ABC Minors, had all the badges and if it was your birthday you would go up on the stage.
    We all used to sing the ABC Minors song the words would be on the screen with the bouncing ball going from word to word. We would bus down there in a group, all 7-9 year olds and walk home acting out the latest Zoro or Flash Gordon moves with our coats done up at the neck and trailing behind like capes, all the films ended on a cliff hanger. We would stop off at the local chemist shop as they had a milk and orange juice machine which dispensed 1/2 pint cartons. Happy days
    You only made one mistake, you trusted me.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information